• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shig. Funayuki & Toyama Stainless Clad 210mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ma_sha1

Reaction score
#1:
Shig. Nashiji Funayuki 165mm (actual edge 167mm) with custom handle
Thinned & modified from Shig KU that was a dog, a real performer now, cuts great, on par with my TF, & looks bad ass.

Thinning & Mod thread here, a major project that went on for 3 -weeks:
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/shigefusa-santoku-re-profile-to-funayuki.45081/

Slightly tipped during final sanding as seen in the photo, it was minor & did not affect my use, so I left it as is.

Specs:
48mm high/167mm edge, 167g
Spine: 7mm; 4/2.1/1.2mm. Grind: high shinogi mild convex. Edge: freshly sharpened, paper cutting 9/10.

AK1pX7y.jpg

#2:
Toyama 210mm stainless clad Gyuto. Out performed both my Shig Kasumi & thinned TF Maboroshi during my recent Shig 210 Kasumi review.

Specs:
51mm/213mm, 159g. Spine: 4.5mm; 3.5/2/1.0. Grind: low shinogi convex, mild to none s-grind. Edge: sharpened 1 month ago, paper cutting 8/10.

Minor scratches from normal use, nothing major. Slight improvements made to enhance user experience, which includes: 1, added TF finger notch as the neck was too short for finger grip; slight sanding to smooth out the ridge on D handle as it was too sharp; slight reduction on handle length by 1/4” as it was too long.

HBhdAAc.jpg

MJH4vuK.jpg

NSHI1KN.jpg

Asking $335 each, + shipping, prefer US.

Wow, that’s quite nice of you. Thanks very much!

I used a column shaped aluminum oxide grinder on my drill press. If you don’t have a drill press, you can probably mount or duck tape a portable drill, as long the the drill doesn’t move.

Last edited:
I think it’s pretty cool, but I am in the ‘use your knives’ camp. I also once knocked 30mm off a Kato with an angle grinder cause I could. #banthetourists

GLWS:)

Shig. Funayuki SOLD.
Toyama 210 Gyuto Back for sale!

Last edited:
Thanks.
You encouragement is much appreciated!

Toyama back for sale!
Warning ⚠️ to new potential buyer, the Toyama will blow you away upon first cut, like it did to me.

$335 + shipping, prefer US.

p.s.
previous person who wanted the Toyama didn’t respond to my PM but did log in & was active after my PM, thus, I am moving on.

Yes, please check, payment cleared PayPal at 9:20pm (02/15/20) to the proper email address! Looks like it's all good, the seller just messaged and just missed the PayPal notice! :)

SOLD to Willic.

Sorry I didn’t see it, now I do. Will ship out on Mon.

My apologies for creating confusion!

Admin/mod.
please change title to SOLD & close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back