• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigs, Harner, Haburn, Catcheside, Yoshikane

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeperoftheFaith

Reaction score
I have to sell some of my collection that I would rather not but life has thrown some curve balls and I need money and would rather these get used or appreciated by someone else, rather than sit in a closet. All of these have been used in some capacity and sharpened at some point as well. I've done my best to clean them up as best I know how. Also several of these I am not the first owner.

Catcheside 230 Gyuto
Steel: 01
Handle: Don't remember exactly but I believe its Dyed Blue Maple ferrule, white spacer, maple
Some slight discolor in spots. Comes with fitted saya from Will Catcheside.
$450+ shipping

Harner 210 Line Knife
Steel: XHP
Handle: Brass spacers, Ironwood ferrule, dyed Tiger Maple
A small bit of the tip broke off maybe less than a millimeter. Really love this knife and hate to see it go.
$350+ shipping

Haburn 240 Gyuto
Steel: AEB-L
Handle: Carbon Fiber ferrule, Ironwood
Comes with custom leather sheath from Haburn.
$600+ shipping

Yoshikane 210 Sujihiki
Steel: SKD
Handle: Western. They don't make these anymore.

Price: $175 + shipping

Shigefusa 165 Nakiri
$200+ shipping

I will provide more pictures if requested and will answer any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I am happy to buy a knife from you on loan and sell back same price when life is better. An interest free loan. None of these knife are my type. I love 270 mm gyuto, but happy to extend the courtesy. I could not imagine having to sell my collection. I hope life turns around. Good luck

i assume shig gyuto is gone, but i'll take seconds because no one publicly said it :) #keepshigsinamerica

oops! nevermind theres like 5 people in front of me :( but i'll pay above sticker price :p

Your inbox is full. I'll line up for the yo Shigefusa... I I can't help that I am Australian :)

If you preference group buys, I'll take the Shigafusa yo Gyuto and the Yoshikane 210 sujihiki!

Please pm me when inbox is cleared.

Hey, I am happy to buy a knife from you on loan and sell back same price when life is better. An interest free loan. None of these knife are my type. I love 270 mm gyuto, but happy to extend the courtesy. I could not imagine having to sell my collection. I hope life turns around. Good luck

I dig that. We should have a "pawnshop" section for those times when a few extra bones is necessary to make a bad turn of events not devastating to one's cherished collection.

Ok I've to sort through my messages. Thanks everyone. Looks like all are SPF though.

I want to apologize to everyone about the Shig Gyuto, I'm removing it from the sale. I got caught up in the moment. Mods can remove that part of the post. Again sorry for the excitement.

Current Status:

Catcheside: SPF
Harner: SPF
Haburn: Available
Yoshi: SPF
Nakiri: SPF
Shig-Yo: Retracted (sorry guys)

Sucks when needing to tell knives due to financial struggles. I am going thru the same thing at the moment struggling really hard and I am close enough to sell my white and a few others too... all the best to you

Latest posts

Back