Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a kitchen gadget per se but I assume this one qualifies.

Got too many comments of having pots and pans and other kitchen gear everywhere so I consolidated via an IKEA Omar shelf (two part thingy). It looks proper, but is a bit rickety since it is currently shelf standing (har har…).

Inspector Dog of the Tasting department on the right, she is in charge of the quality control of comestibles in this facility.

IMG_7483.jpeg

Not a kitchen gadget per se but I assume this one qualifies.

Got too many comments of having pots and pans and other kitchen gear everywhere so I consolidated via an IKEA Omar shelf (two part thingy). It looks proper, but is a bit rickety since it is currently shelf standing (har har…).

Inspector Dog of the Tasting department on the right, she is in charge of the quality control of comestibles in this facility.

View attachment 322598
Nice, I should get one… what’s the Dutch oven if you don’t me asking?

I wished they sold the shelves for Omar seperately. The system is quite nice but it's uneconomical to really customize it the way I'd want to.

Nice, I should get one… what’s the Dutch oven if you don’t me asking?
Those are fully enameled Finnish Hackman Value series dutch ovens (3.5 & 1.5 ltr). They were discontinued almost two decades ago, but I found a bunch on sale second hand and decided to invest in a few.

I love the design and they are hella nice for making rice (I use them predominantly for Japanese short grained rice since they seal well, and the lids have those condensation dimples on the bottom side that help spread moisture evenly).

Currently missing from that pic is a similar set of three in their original packagings, with the smaller ones having heater bases (they were sold as fondue sets). I have plans for those for the Fall/Winter table settings/dinner parties (keeping stews, etc., warm). :)

I think the white one will be nice for christmas morning rice porridge.

Been thinking of getting a bigger Staub or Le Creuset dutch oven but so far have managed to make due with those.

Latest posts

Back