Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the crappy iPad picture. My new Munetoshi Kurouchi Gyuto 240mm from JNS

munetoshi.jpg

Schanop's kitaeji cleaver may actually be the national knife of Australia.

Schanop's kitaeji cleaver may actually be the national knife of Australia.

:spin chair:

Cool you got one! I almost would've thought schanop would have gotten the ringed gidgee… would be fitting for an Australian wood on the national knife of Australia :groucho:

I got ring gidgee from Dan before in my petty, so I went with lighter, redder cocobolo for my Chuka.

x10Rg5JuXoOYrzjW5ORR1lUz4xk7SNX7Wk2kwM9HPuxEum38ax1nzEu4_0arZbl3FXBM1VwFxGaBtgpWa9hRAv-vCKkSTZf0_Q8dtKZ7Oj0PiDQ-hrHp-lJJh_rNJT2r-TW8Od3WxksQqUJA3fYJCCDOwDKaSRhnhX8eyRNRpm0b6XOAgNpa4oNjokTMq8dlg5ipq5exSU1FDkLwo03OUu4CZPPs9TLrvcxkFKzhw8TCjxVxbEUCALmWmhUaggKFnE__ZN-BPMu9S1z9dAFOWkTvRQ5E42K-EmZ6Y54u394hXhYC3zjJac4ilPV0mD6J39qF4lip3VIpv8Hdjf-eu2QlzydwqfyTWzzAZiJ-NbfXacb4veF6M0KgLaKI1aNeqes2okVzGvoKTW7qq5tyl_rEpIIjKC_8NZ2kJ8MOX2Q-ySd5qa_WS6MViDFIchwTkUVOnd45xlSgfyHoUPoZ0O-IC5e2veZuJ5vmGdX4tWr8XgSTXyGJDetcloulR6gABTyPh4PE-D6CUhwoY5nlIleUINzY35OsGWaC9JFW735W0iqVb1k_eBc3OLxCxXsT7AYIYau4isjqBWc8pgChZZz6rVBa8Yg=s1280

I really like the profile on that...what is the heel height? Any chance of a choil shot?

Cheers

The heel height on mine is exactly 50 mm. And here an attempt at a choil shot - it's not stellar, but I hope it gives you an idea. So far (one week) I really like the knife. Maksim says to expect zero fit and finish, but I would rather say that it has a rough finish. The kurouchi is the best looking I've ever seen (but then again, I haven't really seen that many)

choil.jpg

Thanks brother! The steel is Blue #1 but Mucho got it, 210mm Konosuke Fujiyama. 47mm at the heel. It's a ziricote handle.

:lol2:

Thanks brother! The steel is Blue #1 but Mucho got it, 210mm Konosuke Fujiyama. 47mm at the heel. It's a ziricote handle.

:lol2:

Nice! Ive been looking for a B1 fuji forever!

Still missing a yanagiba which I left at home and an upcoming suji plus still on the hunt for a deba. But that's the acquisitions for the past 3-4 months or so.
image_zpsdfhhnw9z.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice haul!

Where is that Kato Gyuto from? The handle looks like it came from old stock

I bought it off from another member brand new which he got from Tosho if I'm not wrong. But yes I do agree it's very different from the ones seen coming from JNS.

Still missing a yanagiba which I left at home and an upcoming suji plus still on the hunt for a deba. But that's the acquisitions for the past 3-4 months or so.
image_zpsdfhhnw9z.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

looking good there!

Pull it godslayer! This is one knife I never had buyer's remorse for. Kono makes a good product. I want to try a honyaki; keeping the polish clean would be my only annoyance. It's hard to find the right knives so I'm putting off new purchases for a bit. Not easy to save for everything else when you frequent this forum. :O

Nice collection Hianyiaw!

Yeah, bad ass collection there Hianyiaw! You are in Singapore, are you? I used to study there from 92-97, great country.

Yeah, bad ass collection there Hianyiaw! You are in Singapore, are you? I used to study there from 92-97, great country.

Yeah I am. Security wise yea it's great and all but many things has changed since the time you visited and now I guess life here is just not that great anymore.

I actually know what you meant, I was just there for 2 days in April and noticed the changes. Still, I pretty much spent my teenage years there, lots of good memories.

Yea the old days were good and had a much more relaxed pace. Now it's just "work work work work work"

Got my Yamawaku 210 gyuto in today, I have no doubt this guy will prove to be a beast for the money. A rehandle will come shortly, but I'm already stoked to put it to the stones and get this thing on line tomorrow.
kQkQegL.jpg

fKVnySI.jpg

Wow. Looks like my Kochi.
:wink: I thought so too, I have a stainless clad Kochi that is my favorite cutter, so these caught my eye as a cheaper alternative to have on the busy line. Also stoked to try out the V2. We'll see how it fares!

I absolutely love my Wakui/Yamawaku.

:wink: I thought so too, I have a stainless clad Kochi that is my favorite cutter, so these caught my eye as a cheaper alternative to have on the busy line. Also stoked to try out the V2. We'll see how it fares!

Back