Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My newest knife is a fork. Mike Henry rehandled a Shig suji for me last Nov. I asked him if he would do a fork to match if I could find a suitable one. He agreed and the search was on. Took more than a little while, and a lot of looking at pos "vintage" forks, but finally a Henckels Inox fork came up. (Important because I wanted ferrous steel)

The result:

2013-08-04 17.17.08.jpg

Working - normally would not use this knife on yard bird but had to play w new toy

Carving Set 2.jpg

At rest w the slicers

IMAG0415.jpg

Fun little project. Many thanks Mike for doing the hard part and bearing with me. Almost ready for Thanksgiving.

On top of landing that gig at Uchi, I've been working for Lowe's for 13+ years mostly selling appliances. That 'knife rack' is actually just a styrofoam bar I scooped up when opening a new Slide-in range display. Lol.

I didn't wanna be the first to say so...

hahaha never seen that one, :laugh: now i see it, other way around

Great...now the little "meh" face makes me want mine even more. Stupid dumb stupid DHL....

NOTE: they got here fast, but two missed deliveries has me waiting until Tuesday....

Great...now the little "meh" face makes me want mine even more. Stupid dumb stupid DHL....

NOTE: they got here fast, but two missed deliveries has me waiting until Tuesday....

Missing a box is the worst!!!

My newest knife is a fork. Mike Henry rehandled a Shig suji for me last Nov. I asked him if he would do a fork to match if I could find a suitable one. He agreed and the search was on. Took more than a little while, and a lot of looking at pos "vintage" forks, but finally a Henckels Inox fork came up. (Important because I wanted ferrous steel)

The result:

View attachment 17750

Working - normally would not use this knife on yard bird but had to play w new toy

View attachment 17751

At rest w the slicers

View attachment 17752

Fun little project. Many thanks Mike for doing the hard part and bearing with me. Almost ready for Thanksgiving.

You will certainly be cutting up Turkey in style,I use an old bone handle Meriden Cutlery thin flex carbon for carving duties.That is is a very nice fork you scored,some quality blades on your mag str:)ip too

Stainless clad 270mm Takeda, and a big ol CCK with a Fish handle!

IMG_4228.jpg

Stainless clad 270mm Takeda, and a big ol CCK with a Fish handle!

Would love to hear your impression of the Takeda. I was just about to buy a gyuto when they announced the new cladding so I've been anxiously awaiting some reviews.

So, I've found my new Japanese love....

A30ED8EF-6927-44A9-B296-CA9FD5469D5B-9372-00000E75B01AD28B.jpg

Beautiful work, Dan. In terms of comfort, the handle is up there with the Kramer handle.

This knife is a beautiful cutter, hefty and dead sexy, all-around.

Looking is great but I feel the need to know the profile. How come so many of these knives I can not find a website for?

Lefty and/or Rick,
If you get a sec, could you expound a bit on how the Itinomonn cuts and feels? Maybe a couple comparisons against a more common gyuto? I really like the looks of the western, no bolster gyuto.
Thanks.

Chefdog, it's quite different than most 240s I've used. It feels very substantial in hand, with a forward balance around the eyes in "meh" symbol (kanji). :) The grind has very nice foo releasing properties, even for a lefty. Some items climb the blade face, but mushrooms, carrots and pineapple that I cut yesterday (two separate meals) pretty much stayed on the board. I'd rate it with good food release, but nothing revolutionary. With that being said, I'm getting crazy thin slices with it, and it cuts and dices onion like they're hardly there. I haven't had a lot of use with it yet, since it got hung up with the courier, but so far I'm 0% disappointed, and very very impressed with the knife, and even more so, Maxim. I think it was a very good purchase, and if the Western is a bit too pricey, the Wa KU Itinomonn is beautiful, as well. The one thing you won't get is beautiful, but simple (aesthetically) handle work by Twistington. The coke bottle on this thing is spectacular!

Sorry for the little review, guys....

No problem. I should correct myself: the balance point is halfway between the front of the scales the "the eyes".

1102740_669751650704_211018488_o.jpg

Delbert Ealy Nakiri, bought from daveb on forum. Thanks!

Picked up 2 Moritaka's AS Damaskus here a while ago, wicked steel and no grind issues, i like em.
DSC01151.jpg

New awsome walnut/maple/cherry board is done.
1148807_556825504354521_1121389932_n.jpg
995790_556826024354469_1228640845_n.jpg

Awesome is overused but in this case is an understatement. Holy F***! came to mind.

Do you use solidworks for layout?

Awesome is overused but in this case is an understatement. Holy F***! came to mind.

Do you use solidworks for layout?

hehe cheers. i didnt make the board but i made up the design/look in sketchup.

Based on the appearance of that board, I'm going to guess that the maker is in Plano, Texas.

Back