Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to amass a group of ten other guys (brainsausage, NoChop, marc4pt0, and others) to carry out a foolproof plan to rob Chuck's vault that he has deep below his restaurant. Now...who else is on this team? I'm thinking Pensacola Tiger for the brains, Lucretia for the sex appeal, Pierre for the brawn....

I'm going to amass a group of ten other guys (brainsausage, NoChop, marc4pt0, and others) to carry out a foolproof plan to rob Chuck's vault that he has deep below his restaurant. Now...who else is on this team? I'm thinking Pensacola Tiger for the brains, Lucretia for the sex appeal, Pierre for the brawn....

I can bring a really really big magnet.. maybe it will just attract them all?

I'm headed down there first week of January to "scope out the lay of the land". I'll report back later

yoshiaki fujiwara (kato) 330mm yanagiba (on the bottom in the pic). huge. sharp. haven't had a chance to use it much, but as Maksim described it, "it's a beast!" I can see this becoming my favorite yanagi- epic!

photo_zpsff059258.jpg

My mac arrived yesterday. 5 inch superior Parer. I love it, feels so nice in the hand.

q1YMWey.jpg

[QUOyoshiaki fujiwara (kato) 330mm yanagiba (on the bottom in the pic). huge. sharp. haven't had a chance to use it much, but as Maksim described it, "it's a beast!" I can see this becoming my favorite yanagi- epic!TE]
. wow:ubersexy::surrendar: - that is the coolest yanagi ever. It doesn´t get any better. I´ve been eye-humping this since Maksim showed it the first time!!! Ok, I really like this knife... Congrats :) Please use it soon and make a good review with pics.

I'm ready...

old-wonder-woman_1434457i.jpg

Thanks Johnny and Chuck for posting the pictures.

For future reference i do integrals in 52100 and damascus but not sanmai. Chuck the mosaic damascus gyoto that you have is not an integral. But the one I made for Gic is. And as stated above there have been two or three Dragons breath knives that are integral. A few others also but most of my integral production has been in straight 52100.

I have just finished first round of polishing my poor-man-kitaeji Shigefusa 150mm petty that arrived from Maximo a couple of weeks ago. It's quite a good substitute for the real thing.

20131222_153443.jpg

20131222_153055.jpg

20131222_153221.jpg

I have just finished first round of polishing my poor-man-kitaeji Shigefusa 150mm petty that arrived from Maximo a couple of weeks ago. It's quite a good substitute for the real thing.

Beautiful job! What did you use?

20131222_153443.jpg

20131222_153055.jpg

20131222_153221.jpg

Why do you say it's a poor mans kataeji? It looks nice!

Some Shigefusa kasumi knives have some crazy pattern. For some knives, it is as nice as real Shig kitaeji, but usually quite subtle.

@Lucretia This one was brought out by just series of stone mud and Ohira uchigomori finger stone; mud were from coarse Atagoyama, Hakka, and Ohira. I also had to do a bit of sharpening to get the core steel nice and shiny.

No they aren't. The only customs beside Rader I can think of are Maumasi, bloodroot, and Ariel Salaverria. Although I'm sure there are others.

I've seen integrals from Bill, although they are very rare compared to his welded ones. I also saw an integral from Fowler a few years ago. He's improved tremendously every time I see his work (and it wasn't bad to begin with). I bet he could be talked into making one...

I received this 270mm Gesshin Ginga White #2 Gyuto from my Wife for Christmas. Played around with a potato and I am amazed at the performance of this knife. Extremely minimal stiction, cuts like a dream and the fit and finish is top notch. Jon really has something going here with these Gingas, especially at this price point. Thanks!

s6u6.jpg
[/URL]

Had packages arrive from maxim and Jon.
Kato nickel damascus 240 and itinomonn butcher. Along with a shinden suita image.jpgimage.jpg

From Jon a kagekiyo blue 240 and ginga white hankotsu.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I live vicariously through your knife buying Chuck. I'd like to live fully through your knife buying, so maybe you should ship em to me before you use them. Starting with the Kato and Kagikiyo...

The butcher knife is awesome but not what I expected. It is thick. So it will be great for things like popping through beef ball joints. It is not a large boning knife. I tHink it is going to be great for real butchery but not for more delicate work. I have a feeling it could take a beating.

The butcher knife is awesome but not what I expected. It is thick. So it will be great for things like popping through beef ball joints. It is not a large boning knife. I tHink it is going to be great for real butchery but not for more delicate work. I have a feeling it could take a beating.

Agreed. I have one as well and did not find is super effective for routine cleaning, trimming, silver skin, etc. Like you said, it is not a large boning knife. But when I slaughtered and broke down two hogs a couple weeks ago, it got more use than anything else and was very effective. More designed to be used from getting whole animals to primals, not primals to portions.

Exactly but if you plan on breaking whole animals, specially beef, I would highly recommend it.

Bloodroot 9.5". Jury is still out on this one, need some more time with it. Came not too sharp, so tried putting an edge on it. Wasn't as easy as I thought. Steel is reclaimed VW Bug torsionspring at hrc 59.5 and handle is Guatemalan coffee bag from Jittery Joe's. The handle was supposed to be green but came this brown instead which I'm a little crestfallen about

20131226_130655_zps7a2a2bc8.jpg
20131226_130555_zps975b033b.jpg

Back