Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my knives are functional art. I even slice with the Haburn damascus and the HHH feather damascus at least once per week. If it don't work then I don't want it. I think the guys that make these silly pieces of steel really, deep down, would rather give it to someone that will use it than sell it to some dummy with more money than brains who'll never use it. Not sure where I really fit in that spectrum but if I have a knife, you can rest assured it will be used.

Well at least I'm not a dummy as I certainly don't have more money than brains lol. I'm pretty much tapped out for the foreseeable future when I consider the next couple rehandles planned and my custom mag block. Have a couple knives (Takamura Suji, ZK LE2) backordered that I hope arrive in due course.

Well at least I'm not a dummy as I certainly don't have more money than brains lol. I'm pretty much tapped out for the foreseeable future when I consider the next couple rehandles planned and my custom mag block. Have a couple knives (Takamura Suji, ZK LE2) backordered that I hope arrive in due course.
Man Tanner,

think how many knives you could give a PRIMO handle to if you just sell me the Shig!!! (make sure you SOLIDLY mount the knife block......) Just kidding - sort of on the shig part. Lol

Mike

Nice set of ealys. So a set of haburns and another of ealys what is next:ubersexy:

Just opened the package and found this inside. Haburn petty with redwood burl handle and chevron ladder Damascus blade. Yes it's sharp, that is a drop of blood in one of the pictures. Sorry about the crappy iphone photos, I'll try to get some more quality photos after work. The good photo of the knife is Ian's, my photography will never match his.

Haburn Petty Ian's photo.jpg

classy handle on the haburn petty! very nice. looks... octagonal?

It's a modified oval. Top and first two side facets like an octagonal and then oval on the bottom. I really quite like this shape a lot, very comfortable in the hand.

You guys and your crazy damascus stuff...it's hard to post anything mundane after that.

But here's a neat one...Robin Dalman 150mm mini-gyuto. What it lacks in damascus, it makes up for in geometry:
4KoIjzc.jpg

l2SSOa4.png

for whatever it's worth, your photography is always excellent! (knives are nice, too)

for whatever it's worth, your photography is always excellent! (knives are nice, too)
Thanks! I wish I had more time for photos. Luckily the knife has a pretty cool shape and finish, so I can take random unplanned shots and it'll still look interesting.

You guys and your crazy damascus stuff...it's hard to post anything mundane after that.

But here's a neat one...Robin Dalman 150mm mini-gyuto. What it lacks in damascus, it makes up for in geometry:
4KoIjzc.jpg

l2SSOa4.png

Damn, I can't wait to try the geometry when I get the passaround knife

how are you liking the grind

That Dalman choil shot reminds me of a well behaved Takeda. How's it cut?

@xoomgThat one looks quite interesting, what kind of steel did he use for the blade ?

Damn, I can't wait to try the geometry when I get the passaround knife

how are you liking the grind
That Dalman choil shot reminds me of a well behaved Takeda. How's it cut?
I have not had enough time to give it a workout, but initial impressions are very good. The hollow with a ~1cm bevel is reminiscent of Takeda, but the overall blade is more complex and refined. Another feature I didn't photograph is the extremely thin tip. Thinner than anything else I've used except for my Cris Anderson knife.

Should be a lot of fun to play with.

Have a TF Nashiji and Maboroshi both 180mm gyutos with an upgraded handle. Murray Carter apprentice paring. and just ordered a Takeda Nakiri.

Back