Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2015%252520-%2525201.jpg

Chuck you need a prettier one since it's for use in front of people, and sell the geng to me!

Hey now. I've first dibs if it goes back on the block. Could only part with it (reluctantly) cause I have 180s by Marko and Ian. The perfect length for a Petty.

Just received my package from Sweden, Mini Gyuto. Pics during daylight tomorrow... But damn that tip is the thinnest I've ever seen! That's a razor... I'm quite smitten LOL

I also got my Takamura 240 gyuto from Knifewear, mine shipped from Edmonton I believe but the matching 130 petty from Calgary. I think they only have the 210 for gyutos left now (at least online)

j, I recently saw the 270 suji was back, and of course it was only two weeks after I gave up after waiting since the late spring and got a Hana from the USA, and the the day after I sent my gyuto to get rehandled with the petty :doublebanghead:

I kinda wanted to rehandle the three as a set, but I also have the standard R2 gyuto and petty, so at least there's some consistency. Plus the Hana is pretty cool with the wa handle and end cap, and is the exact same blade just different handle AFAIK (have heard from MTC Kitchen and others, but Chefs Armoury in Australia says it's a lower grade version?). Anyways my other rehandle coupon is going on the rare Hiromoto Chukabocho.

I laughed when I saw that, anyways all of takamura's knives are top notch, one could argue is one of the worlds best with r2 steel as 90% of his lines are r2, I am currently debating suminagashi or pro, 400 or 800, these are the big decisions that change your life forever :O also you could always sell the hana for a small lose and buy the suminigashi, I am sure dave would be ok rehandling another suminagashi

I was seriously thinking about that but for the amount of times I actually use a suji I'm not sure it'd be worth the trouble now, The gyuto and petty can live on the mag rack and the suji too if there's room. This will also allow me to get the cleaver done as the handle was really lacking, but still one of those things that's always back & forth in your mind.

Well, Godslayer's advise is getting the best of me. The thought of not having a matching gyuto, petty, suji set was annoying, so even though I literally just got a Hana I nabbed the only available 270mm Uchigumo:
38D83A40-ADDB-4C0E-8543-8A7B5244BF83_zpsaf5ycmvl.jpg

Some family photos with its non-identical but very similar twins:
682C6F23-B8D6-43F8-A5F2-D91B89C1C30B_zpsyfsk8tlk.jpg

413E8C19-55C3-4817-9015-B2641D0DF8F1_zpsgrzo77pa.jpg

5F72C5D1-5DF1-4B0A-BBED-AB0A959C5480_zpsnyobwxja.jpg

Christmas present from my wife. So happy and surprised by it.

Photo courtesy of James from K & S.

Malexthekid: your wife has good taste [emoji106]

Yep 190mm. haven't got to use it yet but can't wait. Feels really light and nimble in the hand.

Back