Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0742_zpsf0ejk5g6.jpg

Just arrived:
A Nenohi (white 1) Mizu honyaki Kiritsuke 415mm (16.33'') wide blade.
The blade was forged by Mr. Yoshikazu Ikeda and the final sharpening by Mr. Yusuke Sawada.
Overall length is 600mm (23.62").
Weight is 554g.
The edge measures 415mm (16.33"). It is 48.7mm (1.92") high at the heel.
The spine is 4.71mm at the heel and 0.9mm at the tip.
The handle is Desert Ironwood burl detachable handle (black pin) with smooth
surfaced silver bolster, ironwood ring, silver ring, smooth surfaced silver
cap.

icanhaschzbrgr that's an understatement... seriously the handle alone is out of this world.

Just arrived:
A Nenohi (white 1) Mizu honyaki...

... Overall length is 600mm (23.62").
Weight is 554g.

Handy for portioning giraffe.

Jokes aside, that might be the sickest thing I've seen. Seen some of Ikeda san's work at Bernal but this is at another level. Heirloom piece.

:shocked3: Now THAT'S a knife! :knife:

I'd hate to think what a lefty version would cost for someone like me.

Almost makes you think about learning to use the other hand huh? That is a sweet knife.

My recent addition to my humble Hinoura family arrived recently. Mutsumi Hinoura tsuchime 150mm wa-Petty:
1BEBA009-B130-4424-A6BF-8B861ACF03A0_zpswqud7icr.jpg

B897CD8A-5543-4561-A57E-ED354D086FA2_zpslbp6kohn.jpg

9FE20A93-39A9-439F-BFA1-0A355637E471_zpspmjcooqk.jpg

Here it is next to the matching 240mm gyuto:
834B7FE0-B2FB-491E-BD02-E1229A9D24D7_zpsl4latmov.jpg

Got the petty from Tosho and the gyuto from Sam at buttermilk. Resisting the urge to get the 270 Suji from Tosho.

Like father, like son:
6D5EA4F1-02DA-4AF5-A66E-083A304886A8_zpskxgbuyuk.jpg

All three will be getting custom handles by Stefan Keller in due course :knife:

Almost makes you think about learning to use the other hand huh? That is a sweet knife.

Ya man, most single bevels are out of the question and then there's asymmetry. I use right handed scissors and computer mouse (just feels wrong using my left hand), but why I cut wrong handed is something I wish could be changed sometimes. Helps resist temptation though

Ya man, most single bevels are out of the question and then there's asymmetry. I use right handed scissors and computer mouse (just feels wrong using my left hand), but why I cut wrong handed is something I wish could be changed sometimes. Helps resist temptation though

Easy peasy, buy a knife like this and you'll have incentive to learn...then by golly you'll be ambi and the whole cutlery world is your oyster! My work is done here.

Although I must say… that yo handled Suji kinda looks outta place, maybe you should sell it to mikedtran

I really hope that I have a 270mm kitaeji wa suji instead, but kitaeji suji is just too rare, so....you know....can't complain:cool2:

Us Shig-o-holics really like to jab* each other =)

Yeah, the shig addiction is unreal

I dunno, he lives in San Francisco....average house price there is like 30 billion dollars....

Ended up going G Ginga 210 for new stainless laser. I love my 240 carbon but I'm downsizing and going stainless at the moment, due to space & time restraints. This is a wicked little knife. Like the profile, crazy thin (duh). Impeccable fit and finish. Balance point is a touch farther back than I was looking for but it's rather light. Height seems okay so far - but definitely would not recommend for someone with large hands.

6qznlw.jpg

rjl44y.jpg

Excited to get to know the fabled swedish stainless. And a pleasure to buy from JKI as always.

Recently received my Nakiri from Mert, the 270 feather was received late last year and has been posted previously.
The handles are musk ox ferrule and end caps, dyed mammoth tooth and box elder burl with copper spacers.
The Nakiri is 236 from handle to end of the blade, the cutting length is 220, to the top of the curve, about 200ish to the start of the blade.
The knife is 65 tall.

With a 165 nakiri for comparison.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1458962926.173294.jpg this speaks for itself I think. Possibly the closest thing to perfection I ever held. 270 Suji billipp.

Hi,

had it for 2-3 weeks now but it's still my newest knife buy. So... got an awesome 240 W2 Honyaki Standard grind Gyuto vom Cris Anderson (CJA Edged Art). Was lucky and had the chance to pick up a stock Gyuto from him. It was quite a spontanious decision, but I don't regret it... it's just a great cutter and just beautiful :O

Some pictures:

Handle is stab. bog oak with nickel silver and nickel-copper-mokume spacer

Very comfortable in pinch grip and quite light and agile. Steel takes a great edge and holds it very well... even Food release is quite decent for such a laser-like knife. Highly recommended!!! :knife:

Also Cris is just a great guy to talk to and a real knife nerd, great customer service!

Back