Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think zetieum has. Try to pm him.

We had a PM exchange with @dady_yo_yo . For those interested, here it is. Watanabe Guyto 240mm, purchase end of december 2016.

DSC_1375.jpg

Anybody with any reservations as to ginsanko should immediately shelve them. I opened up the edge on a Chosera 3k because it came with the classic Sakai bouncy factory edge. Then took it straight from there to the Maruoyama it is pictured on in the second photo.

Sweet Christmas.

Anybody with any reservations as to ginsanko should immediately shelve them. I opened up the edge on a Chosera 3k because it came with the classic Sakai bouncy factory edge. Then took it straight from there to the Maruoyama it is pictured on in the second photo.

Sweet Christmas.

First of all I am not a fan of hammer finishes but this looks very nice indeed.

How tall is it at the heel?

Just got these pair of nice 210mm gyutos from Tsubaya yesterday:
32283119880_02107db28b_z.jpg

Prototype gyuto using VG10 with damascus clad, Shiraki's signature on the blades:
32539862381_5b47003ea3_z.jpg

(which I imagine is pretty rare? :scratchhead:)

Highly recommend to checkout Tsubaya's site (Just a happy customer)

Nope, it is horn. But generally, I would say, the handle may be the only thing that is not fantastic about this knife.

he he, I agree. I was lucky to go for Octagonal Keyaki upgrade when ordering my 240 Wat. gyuto. But I must admit that I almost did not do it as it is very pricey.

Just got these pair of nice 210mm gyutos from Tsubaya yesterday:
32283119880_02107db28b_z.jpg

Prototype gyuto using VG10 with damascus clad, Shiraki's signature on the blades:
32539862381_5b47003ea3_z.jpg

(which I imagine is pretty rare? :scratchhead:)

Highly recommend to checkout Tsubaya's site (Just a happy customer)

I think I pieced together that these are the only two in existence.

Back