Show your work! Uchigumori and co...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted to do a test run with diamond microfilm before my Togashi Honyaki gets back to me in the next few weeks.

This stuff is awesome and way faster than regular sandpaper. This is a rush job on a Wakui 240 workhorse
IMG_3710.jpeg

IMG_3711.jpeg

Here’s a fast job on a Heldqvist kiri from this nights stone-run.

Very cool details in the cladding. Finished on a Aizu because I really don’t care much about a great polish, I just want a sharp knife 😂

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpeg
    IMG_0432.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0433.mov
    23.6 MB
I wanted to tweak the edge profile in the back third as the very long flat spot felt a little harsh in use.

Ground in a 45 ish degree microbevel to get the profile much closer to where I want it, but any tips for dialling in fine adjustments to make for a silky cutting motion on the board are welcome.

I’ll need to thin the back third a bit and blend in the microbevel as this is where most material was removed, and I’m in two minds about whether to try and work out the few low spots whilst I’m at it.

Scratch pattern on the bevels are from 10 mins on a SP 1K to see what we are dealing with.

Back