Shun blue steel knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the tip of a shun breaks off prying apart frozen chix thighs you can't blame it on the knife.

That's why people should stick with buying Globals instead of Shun! Nearly abuse proof! :biggrin:

Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

not if you like patina

why even buy a knife then, if it's your major criteria? a sheet of plain steel patinas just fine. i have almost all carbon knives. i like patina. my Gengetsu, which is stainless clad, is the best cutter i own. it's a knife. cutting is what's important.

thats a little harsh. im just not into san mai for several reasons, plus patina is cool. cutting ability is ofcourse the most important factor when selecting a knife but in the $250-375 price range theres alot of choices and room for personal preferences no?

personal opinion? i thought we were all facets of the same knife whole.

humor really doesn't exist on the internet.

It does sir, it does. Well played.

And I agree. The Geng cuts so well it's tough to count out in that price range just because you want patina. And you do get some...it's just along the edge and on the spine. And in both the White and Semi stainless.

Back