• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Single bevel collection sale!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a novice at single bevel knives, so please bear with me as I might ask silly questions about the Masamoto KS:

1) how long did you use it professionally (and how many full progression sharpenings does that approximately translate to)?
2) how much height has the blade lost?
3) how much life is left in the ura?

I am a hobby cook so a new-ish knife would probably last a literal life time for me. But I have no clue about how much wear and tear a professionally used single bevel knife experiences and (unlike double bevel knives) I have less of a clue on how to assess the wear from the picture(s).

not stupid questions!! The knife has been used professionally but not heavily or for an extended period of time. When I acquired it, the front bevel had been flattened and polished to a mirror’s edge. I have only ever used a 5k Naniwa on all of these knives and have never done any serious sharpening to any of them. I would say that this knife has a lot of life left in it and shouldn’t be a concern to a new owner. Thanks!!

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply! :)
This is of course all fantastic news for the knives and the eventual buyer getting a pretty great deal here.... But bad news for me, as it means there no way in hell you'd part with the yanagiba for what I can pony up :'(

By the way, just looking at the knives' pictures on JCK and Korin, I think your's is the Masamoto KK not KS. (the second kanji line is missing)

By the way, just looking at the knives' pictures on JCK and Korin, I think your's is the Masamoto KK not KS. (the second kanji line is missing)
You very well may be correct. I had all of the info on these knives in PMs on all old forum that I was horrified to find doesn’t exist anymore.
Thanks. Maybe someone that reads kanji can clarify a lot of these things for me.

Bump! Help a dad to be out. Throw me an offer if you’re interested! Thanks

Shigefusa Kitaeji yanagiba 270mm w/ custom saya - SOLD
Konosuke Sakai 300mm blue #1 fujiyama yanagi w/ custom handle - $450***
Konosuke Sakai 240mm kiritsuke - SOLD

Masamoto KS I believe 330mm yanagi w/ saya - $350***
Korin ginsan-ko kamagata usuba 195mm - $200***

Prices updated for remaining knives. Please don't hesitate to send an offer!!

Thanks

Bump.
Masamoto KK 330mm
And
Korin usuba still available.

Bump.

I’m back to work so open to trade offers. Looking for a deba or honesuki

Back