SixCats! has joined Kitchen Knife Forums

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixCats

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am so please to have found this site while researching Historical "Flatware". I've been a long time member at Blade Forums (HARDBALL) and over the last year or so have developed a STRONG interest in (especially) old/vintage "Flatware and Butcher type knives" circa 1800's and earlier. At this time, I don't have too much interest in "Silver Flatware" (unless of course I find some rare Revere item) but rather older Bone and/or Wood pinned handle Forks and Knives. One might say I have a bit of ECD when it comes to "Flea Markets/Thrift Shops/Yard Sales/Junk Shops etc."
At this time, I am unable to post pictures but, I hope to correct this technical situation in the future. Thanks.

Regards,
SixCats!

Welcome. Big fan of the old stuff, but don't own much.

Welcome! We will definitely be looking forward to pics!

Hi ecchef,

Thank you for the Welcome Sir. To answer you're question.....a little of both. I have an older (not sure how old) "Sabatier" with an (almost) ten inch blade (fourteen and a half inch OAL) that looks as if will be awesome for Kitchen duty. It feels......nimble in the hand. The blade is marked "Sabatier" has/had "Grape cluster" (difficult to see) and on the blade towards the "Bolster" end is the words/logo : <Intedge> France. I got lucky and bought this knife at a "Flea Market" for ten dollars (or less). One of my better finds for sure.

Regards,
SixCats!

I love the old flatware too although I've never purchased any I always seem to handle this stuff when antiquing or flea marketing. I particularly like thrice tine forks with pewter embellishments as well as MOP anything. Welcome SixCats!

Back