So What's a good place to eat in Italy?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see your experience Colin :)

But there are huge culture differences between europeans, norwegians tip like crazy while germans don't. However norwegians are more likely to be noisy and get drunk. Even among neighbor countries like Norway and Sweden there are huge differences. Lol at number 5 :) Well europeans sees the table as a meeting place, not just a place to eat :)

I promis to behave and tip when Im at your place :)

Had to unearth this thread, as I was trying to find the name of a place in Assisi. This is one of the restaurant threads that really drums up a lot of good memories for me. The sad part is many of the participants aren't around any longer. But damn, I really want to get back to Assisi and to the Tuscan countryside!

AutoGrills!!

super awesome stop. inexpensive food with inexpensive wine. just sayin.. you dont always need to go fancy. :)

AutoGrills kick ass. Great paninis, good drinks, very inexpensive. Screw McDonald's.

driving across italy has been one of my greatest joys. (once i figured out which toll lane takes cash)

Autogrill...i stopped in one and they were spooning out Gnoochi. it was awesome with a glass of wine. i loved how the locals just had a glass and went on their drive. i bet i stopped at 10 locations!! easily the cheapest food on my trip.

the drive would have been perfect if i could have kicked my sister and BIl out of the moving van, TJ HOOKER style. those two idiots cant read a map to save their lives. and they bogarted the map. (since they bought it)

Well then those poopheads need to redo their failing 'restaurants' here and convert them to Autogrilles. I would be a regular customer.

Well then those poopheads need to redo their failing 'restaurants' here and convert them to Autogrilles. I would be a regular customer.

agreed. Autogrills is like good karma in the fast food world..

McD's owns a lot of stuff..

Back