So who copied who?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These have come up before and remembered this little jem.

nN6Q.jpg

Isn't it nice when the butt of the handle hits the board when you finish your cut. He could put one of Guy's knuckle sammich garlic smashers on there and you could chop and smash at the same time! ;x After a couple sharpenings you'd have to grind down the handle to keep the heel of the knife in contact with the board.

i searched for his knives on ebay. many of them are priced as high as $2500. i cant figure out how much they sell for, but as for as display pieces go-many of his knives are quite nice actually.

These have come up before and remembered this little jem.

nN6Q.jpg

Isn't it nice when the butt of the handle hits the board when you finish your cut. He could put one of Guy's knuckle sammich garlic smashers on there and you could chop and smash at the same time! ;x After a couple sharpenings you'd have to grind down the handle to keep the heel of the knife in contact with the board.

Not to mention the back portion of the blade may become unusable while cutting certain products due to the extra long bolster interference.

bread and cheese knives at their finest. museum quality :D

:rofl2:Wow ! buy a hundred of each and dump them on the market put some story behind it
The forging process is so precision only a true master can create those holes
The more holes the better the knife .
only $129 and free sharpening tips .

And open up a shop in Santa Monica selling such knives? I think it's already been done.

(This is a joke.)

So now it begs the question, what will be the next big idea or improvement to kitchen cutlery?

Hoss

a cleaver that can count cards? :p *born and raised in Reno NV*

So now it begs the question, what will be the next big idea or improvement to kitchen cutlery?

Hoss

After viewing a Snoody video recently it concreted my personal belief that there is no reason to re-invent the wheel.What separates kitchen blades and "collector blades" is that some people will be using our blades in there trade to make a living.If a carpenter had this really cool hammer but it could not pound a nail worth a crap what good is it for his trade.Knife makers can get as "artsy" as they want but in the long run we need to make a tool that performs first and if she's pretty that's a bonus.......

After viewing a Snoody video recently it concreted my personal belief that there is no reason to re-invent the wheel.What separates kitchen blades and "collector blades" is that some people will be using our blades in there trade to make a living.If a carpenter had this really cool hammer but it could not pound a nail worth a crap what good is it for his trade.Knife makers can get as "artsy" as they want but in the long run we need to make a tool that performs first and if she's pretty that's a bonus.......
Thanks for bringing this up Mario.
What good is a knife if it doesn't get used? I'm fine with my knife looking beautiful, but it's no good if it doesn't perform.
I'm hard on my knives and might pass something over if I think it's too "high maintenance" for work.
Not that I like Mr. Fisher's knives, but could you imagine cleaning out all those glory holes every time you used you knife?
My hat is off to him for creating something he and others like, but it's impractical for me.

Back