Stefan's Some handles available

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, just a quick sign of life. I need to apologize to some of you: I had a pretty crappy few weeks and struggled to keep my head above water. During that time I have been driving around a few handles in my car that I should have shipped out a long time ago. They were actually boxed and the postage labels were on them already, I just wanted to do one final touch up on the tang slots and make them look a bit prettier before shipping them out - and I never managed to get myself to do that. I will try again tonight and tomorrow and will ship everything out that I still have around by the end of this week.

Stefan

Yeh could update on what is available. If no one has taken #8 it is much nicer than the picture a classy handle the blues & purple with blk collar & endcap go great together would look good on any high end blade.

Just wanted to mention that the pictures in past posts have been better at showing what the handles look like. For a few of them I can guess how amazing they look but is hard to tell from the picture.

Hi, sorry guys, not doing so well right now, trying to get my life organized before it falls apart completely. I still have a few boxes here, I give up on any plans to make them look better (that only affects the cosmetics of the tang slot openings which still look crooked in some handles), reprint the labels again and ship out everything that has been paid for. I looked here and if I get it all together, #s 2, 10, & 18 are not sold, yet.

I know this may sound strange and unprofessional from someone with a vendor status here, but can I ask to please give me a few weeks without requesting anything or pushing me (as I said, except for those of you whom I clearly owe something). To be honest, I am struggling with major depression while fighting bureaucrats at work, being threatened by unemployment in October and consequential bankruptcy shortly after, and while trying to come up with money for the IRS and having to move on a short notice this weekend because our rented house is getting sold. My main goal right now is to literally stay alive over the next few weeks. Not having to worry or feeling guilty about handles for a few weeks would help a lot.

Thanks,

Stefan

I don't think it is unprofessional. In fact it is the opposite and professional that you are communicating with us and letting us know the details when you don't really have to. I hope everything gets better soon.

Stephan, I've never had a chance to interact with you directly before or purchase one of your handles, but I wanted you to know that I admire your courage and honesty. Depression is a pernicious disease -- robs you of your coping abilities, right when you need them the most. People who are creative and talented like yourself can be especially vulnerable. The very gifts that make you attuned to the subtle beauty in things can be a terrible liability when major depression rears its ugly head.

I hope you take comfort in the tremendous support and admiration that this community obviously holds for you. Like I said at the outset, we don't know each other -- but I have been there myself at times and am only a PM away if you need a sympathetc ear. Even if from a stranger.

Take care of yourself,

Jacob

I hope everything work's out for you and remember to take good care of your self:)

At this point I am not even sure myself if anything is available. Some things are in boxes in the garage, others are still with the moving goods in storage until mid-April when I will move into the new place. Most likely, I will not offer anything until I have unpacked and sorted out things. This is the woodshop during the packing up phase, so this could take a bit...

Stefan

image.jpg

Back