Stefan's Some new handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more with Mark's turbo redwood lace burl

Redwood burl and creme colored ferrule.

P1020104.jpg

Redwood burl, musk ox ferrule, fossil coral between black fiber and copper spacers. The coral is a bit of work, very porous, needs several rounds of filling with CA glue before finishing it. But I like it when it's done.

P1020102.jpg

P1020111.jpg

Stefan

P.S. No idea why embedding pics sometimes works and sometimes doesn't...

HOLY COW. Dat fossil coral, with everything else, is incredible.

That's my favorite one from you to this day.

Great to see a bunch of new stuff from you, Stefan. That blue Bakelite...man!

Here are a few more:

Small signature and marbled horn handle for a paring knife.

P1020124.jpg

Blackwood handles with M3 'white mokume' reconstituted metal, bakelite, and spalted mango

P1020115.jpg

P1020114.jpg

These are all koa handles. The first one is my current favorite, a dark, almost quilted koa. Usually the darker koa either comes from higher elevations of from older trees. This one here has a marbled ferrule and a musk ox spacer (btw, that one is available, sized for a 270 gyuto, PM me if interested). The middle one is kind of premium-heirloom on one side and spalted on the other, really nice combo. The third one is unstabilized koa (it will remain here on the islands, so I am not too worried). All three look much better in reality and have a nice chatoyance even though not the craziest I have ever seen.

P1020132.jpg

P1020138.jpg

Stefan

Nice, is the one with the blue bakelite spoken for?

Stefan, if that one on the left with koa, musk ox and buffalo is still available, I'll take it. I feel another 270mm ladder pattern gyuto coming on.:biggrin:
Yep, only the left koa handle is available.

Stefan

Thanks everyone. And the koa handle is now sold, thanks Joe!

Stefan

The blackwood handle with mokume is beautiful! Excellent work, Stefan!

Got mine. Looks better in person!!!

One of my favorites also, much nicer than I can capture in a snapshot. Some handles just deserve studio lighting :)

Stefan

I have a question, what is that blue matirial in the handle that is mostly blue with some black and is it natural? Thanks in advanced

I would say Bakelite, worlds first production plastic. So no to the natural coloring.

Just showing off some more finished handles. These are NOT available because they have been ordered by customers. However, I uaven't heard back from these guys in a while and hope that maybe the peek in here (Anthony & Chris).

A set for 210-240-270 gyutos in redwood, cascara, and spalted mango

Camera Roll-934 by -mgapicius-

Here a gyuto handle from a premium blackwood piece (very subtle figuring) and mammoth ivory.

Camera Roll-950 by -mgapicius-

Camera Roll-946 by -mgapicius-

Hope to hear from you guys soon...

Stefan

I'm new to his but I love your handels , it would be an honor to oun one of your handels

I'm new to his but I love your handels , it would be an honor to oun one of your handels

Thank you Fran. I enjoy making them, wish I had more time for it. On one side it means a lot to me to hear nice words about them, on the other hand there are so many more talented craftsmen on this board that I really feel quite humble about them...

Stefan

Nice! That acrylic handle is looks cool.All handle pics collation is amazing. Keep it up for this great shearing.

Just playing around, sorry - crappy phone pics. Sticking an octagon handle on a 10" VG10 damascus blade with a bolster and a stick tang, then sanding the tip flush to the bolster, having the handle flare out into an octagon at the butt. Next time I would keep it a little thicker right behind the bolster, but it still feels good and looks much nicer than the pics show. Wood is spalted maple, black horn and amboyna spacers.

Stefan

photo 1.JPGphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

Nice, and you know I love me some amboyna:D

Be well,
Mikey

Just playing around, sorry - crappy phone pics. Sticking an octagon handle on a 10" VG10 damascus blade with a bolster and a stick tang, then sanding the tip flush to the bolster, having the handle flare out into an octagon at the butt. Next time I would keep it a little thicker right behind the bolster, but it still feels good and looks much nicer than the pics show. Wood is spalted maple, black horn and amboyna spacers.

Stefan

View attachment 22644View attachment 22645View attachment 22646

Stefan, that's fantastic, excellent job!

Back