Some of my work, hardentknives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd got one of your midweight gyutos. Haven't had it long so I can't give a full in-depth review.

Positives:
Distal taper is fantastic. One of the best in the game.
Amazing convex grind, great cutter. Very thin BTE.
Comfortable handle. The shape at the tang fits well in my hand while pinching.

Negatives:
Way flatter than I like.
Tip is so thin it feels fragile

Overall it's a great knife, but I don't see myself reaching for it often due to the flat profile. If you made a knife with a more traditional profile with a rounder belly and spine while keeping the distal taper and grind, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

View attachment 297446
View attachment 297447View attachment 297448
View attachment 297449

Thank you Trent, for the feedback. Profile is something ive recently been thinking about a bit more and i think it was needed. I think its one of the pitfalls of not cooking yourself enough, i was mainly going on "what do i think looks cool". Wasnt my smartest move ever. In my last batch i did try and let the triangle go, and i hope the profiles are a bit better.
Lovely to hear that you do like the rest of the knife, im happy to do a slight reprofile on your knife to help fix the fragile tip and get a little more belly in there!

Thank you Trent, for the feedback. Profile is something ive recently been thinking about a bit more and i think it was needed. I think its one of the pitfalls of not cooking yourself enough, i was mainly going on "what do i think looks cool". Wasnt my smartest move ever. In my last batch i did try and let the triangle go, and i hope the profiles are a bit better.
Lovely to hear that you do like the rest of the knife, im happy to do a slight reprofile on your knife to help fix the fragile tip and get a little more belly in there!
That is a very kind offer but I'll keep it the way it is. It's my best garlic slayer/home defense weapon now. ;)

Will be keeping an eye on your future stuff and will buy another when I see a profile I like!

Back