Sous Chafe

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WRT boxer-briefs: I travel a lot, and there isn't much that is less comfortable than bad underpants 16 hours into a 38-hour journey to the upside-down side of the planet. I decided to try a pair of Tilley Endurables Coolmax Extreme boxers. Expensive, but I've since bought two more pairs. They don't bunch, they wick, they don't develop the stinkiest of stinks. When I get to my hotel, I wash them in the sink and they are good to go in about eight hours.

I've been trying out those Under Armour boxer briefs and they help out a ton! I work security and wear a full uniform, Under Armour under my 8#'s of body armor and sweat like crazy. I've walked around 9 miles in an 8 hours shift before and it hurts at the end! It's getting warm and the uniform is pretty heavy and with Graduation this past weekend, I had a few OT shifts during the day when it was warm out. I wore these and had no chafing!!!

i am not a chef but i sit on a naugahyde upolstered stool all day for the last 34 years. my solution is A. all cotton scrubs or khakis [ll bean] loose fitting and all cotton thin boxers loose fitting. boxer briefs or tighty whities will keep your 'parts' contacting other skin and no matter how absorbant the sweat will accumulate. if " they are not swinging free they will stay damp. B. you have to start out dry. towell drying will leave some dampness and vigorous drying will abrade the tender epithelium. use a hairdryer until desert dry. in winter the heated hairdryer is ok if the bathroom is cool and there is low humidity, summer and hot damp conditions use the ' no heat' button. keep at it till all the nooks and crannies are dry,. then powder. i use ammons medicated but gold bond is fine as well ..
conclusion.. start out bone dry and dress allowing circulation.

i am not a chef but i sit on a naugahyde upolstered stool all day for the last 34 years. my solution is A. all cotton scrubs or khakis [ll bean] loose fitting and all cotton thin boxers loose fitting. boxer briefs or tighty whities will keep your 'parts' contacting other skin and no matter how absorbant the sweat will accumulate. if " they are not swinging free they will stay damp. B. you have to start out dry. towell drying will leave some dampness and vigorous drying will abrade the tender epithelium. use a hairdryer until desert dry. in winter the heated hairdryer is ok if the bathroom is cool and there is low humidity, summer and hot damp conditions use the ' no heat' button. keep at it till all the nooks and crannies are dry,. then powder. i use ammons medicated but gold bond is fine as well ..
conclusion.. start out bone dry and dress allowing circulation.

seems my avatar is 'on topic'

Back