Stainless / laser / gyuto recommendation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the abbreviated criteria you provided, I suggest one of the following (presented in no particular order):

Suisin IH
Gesshin Ginga
Tadasuna INOX

Not flashy knives, they will all get the job done.

Suisin IH
Gesshin Ginga
Tadasuna INOX

Not flashy knives, they will all get the job done.
this

I've owned all three, and I'd go with the Ginga. Better edge retention than the others. The Suisin has kanji that is printed on, not engraved, and to me that's a deal-breaker in a $400 knife.

My wa tanaka r2 has the same upturn in the tang. I don't find it to be an issue at all.

My wa tanaka r2 has the same upturn in the tang. I don't find it to be an issue at all.

Nice, how do you use your knife (rocker, push-cut, chop)? I will be getting more pictures from the website tomorrow! You have pictures of yours?

Nice, how do you use your knife (rocker, push-cut, chop)? I will be getting more pictures from the website tomorrow! You have pictures of yours?

I do all three, but push cut the most, rock the least.

I'll post a photo later tonight

Thanks for the subtle reminder...

Here it is with two other knives for comparison. I tried to line up the flat towards the heel of all three, but I probably should have turned the tanaka up a bit more.

IMG_2285_zpsuctbhu7v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back