Stolen Knives to keep an eye out for

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys-
A while back, a good friend of mine had some really special knives stolen from him. While he prefers to remain anonymous, we both thought that the community should be aware that these knives seem to be up for sale.

300mm kiritsuke
360mm sakimaru takobiki
390mm maguro kiri
#28 from the original run of Hayate series (yanagiba)

All knives were forged by Kejiro Doi, have ebony handles (with double sided horn), nickel silver spacers, and ebony sayas, as well as fukusa (silk knife bags). Here are some pictures:

QxAUiH3.jpg

fImnLbX.jpg

Just a friendly heads up. His words were "I think people should know they are buying stolen goods... bad juju"

Hopefully the #28 will be what gets them caught. Might be good to email Dave M and Korin with the info, in case someone might send the knife out for sharpening/ work to one of them (I would imagine they would avoid someone local like you, although you never know!).

May the thief forener have sore feet and bad breath.

On a more serious note he gets them back somehow...

yeah... i actually know a bit more about this, but have been asked to not share more than i already did (i checked with the person about this first)... of course i'm keeping an eye on craigslist and whatnot, but in the event that they ended up being offered to someone on here, I wanted to let you guys know what was up.

Wow that really sucks. Hopefully some justice will be served.
Where the heck can the theif pawn off a 390mm Maguro kiri?

And stealing from someone that owns and knows how to use them sounds like a dangerous proposition.

Back