Stunning Figured Old Growth Redwood Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I haven't seen old growth Redwood like this in quite a while. The piece that these blocks were cut from came from a friend's wood stash. Very very good figure that is very 3 dimensional with a bright metallic flash and lots of movement.
These blocks were stabilized by K&G.

Click on the photo to go to where they are located in our web store.

Dang, You gota be FAST to get some of the woods Mark posts. I added a large block of awesome Redwood to my cart and by the time I went to pay. Someone swooped in on it. So I went back and found another one I liked. and added it to the cart. went to pay. and it too was no longer in stock!! Man. 0 for 2. So I quickly went back and tried for a 3rd time and was successful in securing a couple of pieces of this awesomeness!!!!

As a self proclaimed Burl Junky. I spend time almost every day searching the interweb for awesome woods to use on my knives. This redwood is not only a great score. But honestly.. Redwood with this sort of figure is rare. I mean you can look at alot of woods and not find redwood with this type of figure.

Mark, your site is one I check frequently. Because you are always on the cutting edge with what you offer!! You really seem to know what woods and figure we knifemakers want and need!!

Now back to the BURL SEARCHIN!!!

Blessings
Randy

Thanks for the kind words Randy. If it is any consolation the pieces you missed went to other forum members here.

Still 3 pieces left.
Here is a short video.
[video=youtube_share;6hUYRGvXQPE]http://youtu.be/6hUYRGvXQPE[/video]

I just grabbed one for myself before they are all gone.
Now....2 pieces left.

Ugh, how did I miss these! Exactly what I've been searching/waiting for. Dammit

Back