• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Sugimoto OMS #6

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKerr

Reaction score
Selling to raise a little cash and with Melbourne back into stage 4 lockdown it probably won't be getting used any time soon. Used on rotation in a professional kitchen with probably 4 or 5 other cleavers and for what it's worth I took a year off to travel and my work has been closed since March this year so it really hasn't been used that much. I bought this back in 2017 in Kappabashi, can't remember the name of the store, I think it was Tsubaya? 425g 218x109mm, real easy to sharpen and holds a reasonable edge for what I assume is white 2. It's got a fugly patina on it now as it hasn't been getting any love but I'm happy to take this off. Rounded choil and spine (not polished), typical Sugimoto finish, I've tried to show the grind marks on the second pic. Unfortunately I no longer have the box for this as I was pretty sure I wouldn't sell it (don't know how many times I've said that now). There's also a small nick in the sheath from the heel of the knife going through it.

I'd rather keep this sale in Australia due to the fact that I'm not sure about delays and such with the current climate. I'm happy to post international so long as the buyer is okay with potential delays and shipping from Australia is pretty expensive, last cleaver I posted to Europe was about $60AUD for standard airmail with a tracking number.

Asking $300AUD (or $214.90USD in line with the forum rules). I'll pay shipping in Australia for a standard service with tracking. International shipping will be at the buyers expense. As a little extra, I'll throw in a Takeda classic Kogatana. Don't have a pic, but it's in good condition, got a crappy paracord handle I popped on it, easy to sharpen the fat bevels and gets real sharp. I think it's about 90mm, maybe a touch smaller.

Cheers!

20200806_134503.jpg20200806_134403.jpg20200806_134338.jpg20200806_134327.jpg20200806_134320.jpg20200806_134301.jpg20200806_134503.jpg20200806_134301.jpg

Oh! These are awesome I had one of these for a long time. It's a monster when it comes to tomatoes and prep and it will take one hell of an edge and hold it forever. I did notice a difference between the OMS line and the standard line and the OMS definitely had a more hands on feel as far as finishing.
But the heat treat on these is awesome and it really will hold an edge even in commercial kitchen use.

Latest posts

Back