• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Takamura Chromax Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only place I have seen these lately. Almost double the price as most retailors, but I suppose it depends on how bad you want one. You have to contact them to see if they ship it to you. I am pretty sure they do ship to the USA. Not sure on the total cost. Hope this helps.

Takamura 210mm Chromax

This is the only place I have seen these lately. Almost double the price as most retailors, but I suppose it depends on how bad you want one. You have to contact them to see if they ship it to you. I am pretty sure they do ship to the USA. Not sure on the total cost. Hope this helps.

Takamura 210mm Chromax
Thank you. I did look into it. But price 2x. 😅

I emailed Takamura to see if they still produce these a little while back, but never received a response. Not sure when these will be back in stock anywhere. Odd, as I see the santoku and the petty available other places.

Yep, even the red handle. U still can find somewhere.

Yes for extra height. Same like my kurosaki gyuto. But the lenght, sometimes i cut 3 sushi rolls at the same time. So 170mm seems short. Maybe for 1 roll good

Speaking of chromax I've seen around a chromax Santoku from Ikeda, wonder if anyone have tried it, can't find any infos. It's not a bargain like takamura one (if you can find it😬)

Gyuto, santoku or modified bunka?
Anyone? :(

I wonder whats the different between the black and brown in term of the curve of tips

It seems brown more curve than the black. Meaning brown more pointy and the black more bulky?

I believe brown more thinner than black?

Back