• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda 240mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydj32

Reaction score
245mm specifically. Asking for $350 USD.

The knife is 245mm long x 58mm tall

The spine is 3mm at the hilt and 1mm near the tip. The blade width at the midpoint is 1mm blade. The bevel is 6-10mm bevel rise depending on how you measure it (see photo).

Selling because the knife is overkill for a casual cook like me.

Shipped from Canada, Paypal Fees and Shipper paid by buyer.

more photos here: http://imgur.com/a/KDY5v
fAV9OwD.jpg

5oE5m6B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
would it be possible to show a picture of the face side of the blade? It looks like the iron clad version (AS), could you confirm?

Here is a shot of the choil.
6LtfXje.jpg

I'm selling it since it's not being used anymore due to my schedule, I mostly use a SS Shun Santoku since it's less maintanence and I only cook on a small scale, so this knife is overkill.

It is 58mm at the tallest.

You're right, it is the AS version. Here's a picture for your reference

M7ILGfM.jpg

Nevermind, I managed to get a better shot. Here you go:

S4My43p.jpg

Suggestion...post thickness above edge,midway to spine, and at spine...all at the heel end. Even better, repeat at half way in blade length, and again closer to distal end. Best way to express geometry.

Thanks for the suggestion:

The spine is 3mm width, The blade is 1mm thick midway and the bevel is 6mm tall. (around 10.5%)

Just curious ...how tall....how about a choil shot...why selling?
Thx

Can we get a clearer choil shot? Backlit against white paper is the best way. I might be interested, if it's not the recent crappy geometry, as I haven't had a Takeda in a while.

Sorry, I tried getting a better shot. Unfortunately, my camera isn't capable of macro focus.

I haven't been following the knife world closely, so I'm not sure when the new geometry was introduced. However, I've owned this knife for around 3 years now. Hopefully that gives you an idea of what geometry it is.

Dropped to $325. If I can get this sold tonight, I'd be willing to sell for $300 since I can save a trip to the post office (have to ship another item)

Price dropped to $275 if I can get this sold by tomorrow. It will be $300 afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back