• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda Classic 270 mm yanagiba - worldwide shipping

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark76

Reaction score
Takeda Classic 270 mm yanagiba. Completely unused (except for slicing a few slices of meat and fish).

Great high-end knife that looks good and cuts like a dream. Also has a very good fit and finish. It is a somewhat thicker knife with wide bevels and little flex that excels in cutting cooked meat. I also love the Takeda for raw fish.

After getting this knife I was (like some of you) not very happy with the grind and I sent it back to Takeda. He regrinded the knife and I am now much happier with it. The knife is much thinner behind the edge and the shinogi line has moved up, too. It now cuts like a dream.

Sorry for the rather bland images (crappy cell phone).

ubugPca.jpg

9ejJk3V.jpg

LIQBhwG.jpg

Specifications

Qa6GaAJ.png

See for an extensive review and even more specs: https://japaneseknifereviews.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/takeda-classic-yanagiba-versus-ashi-hamono-ginga-sujihiki/

Price: US$390 or EUR 330. This includes shipping within the EU. I ship worldwide, but PM me for shipping costs to the USA or other countries. Preferred payment by Paypal.

I already wrote it comes in new condition. That also means it comes with the original box.

I'm surprised this high-end knife hasn't sold yet. Quite often I see requests for it. But alas.

Price cut. It now costs $340 (EUR 289). Originally I paid $445 and the knife is in exactly the same condition as when I bought it.

In addition, I'll pay a large part of the shipping costs:
- EU: free normal shipping, shipping with track-and-trace: EUR 7.
I already paid half of the original shipping costs with this. If you want insurance or recorded delivery, send me a PM.
- Rest of the world: normal shipping: $11 (EUR 10), whipping with track and trace: $18 (EUR 15). Again, half of the shipping costs is for me. PM me for insurance or recorded delivery.

Back