• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Tanaka Yoshikazu Kiritsuke Gyuto 240mm Blue 1 Damascus from JNS - FINAL PRICE DROP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

offer for sale a nearly new Tanaka Yoshikazu Kiritsuke Gyuto 240mm Blue 1 Damascus from JNS. It still has the factory grind, has not been resharpened. I think the pictures speak for themselves. Have only tested it.

225mm are sharp, total length of the blade quite accurately 240mm, typical Sakai.

Sale primarily within the EU, but I would also ship worldwide.

550€ 520€ 500€ 470€ including shipping within the EU. For worldwide please inquire.

Attachments

• IMG_5446.jpeg
    IMG_5446.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5447.jpeg
    IMG_5447.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5448.jpeg
    IMG_5448.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5449.jpeg
    IMG_5449.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5450.jpeg
    IMG_5450.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5451.jpeg
    IMG_5451.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5454.mov
    23.2 MB
Last edited:
This is a beautiful piece and looks like it cuts very well. It is rough here right now in the BST. There are a TON of great pieces for sale that would normally be scooped up immediately. Several that I am utterly shocked are still here, this one included.

Godspeed and GLWS!

Nice and thin behind the edge. How flat is the profile? Looks like a push cutters dream! Are the bevels symmetrical? Also, what are the heel height, spine thickness at heel and mid, and eight please?

Nice and thin behind the edge. How flat is the profile? Looks like a push cutters dream! Are the bevels symmetrical? Also, what are the heel height, spine thickness at heel and mid, and eight please?
The profile is very flat. It is 55mm high, 3.2mm thick above the heel, 2mm in the middle and 1.5mm about 15mm before the tip. The cutting bevel is barely visible because it is ground so thin. It still has the original grind.

Attachments

• IMG_7845.jpeg
    IMG_7845.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7846.jpeg
    IMG_7846.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7847.mov
    16.3 MB
Sorry if I missed it but how much does it weight? To me, even though the edge length is 225mm, it looks more compact like a 210mm. Perhaps that’s because of the height or the handle size creating a distorted perception? Or you have big hands?

Sorry if I missed it but how much does it weight? To me, even though the edge length is 225mm, it looks more compact like a 210mm. Perhaps that’s because of the height or the handle size creating a distorted perception? Or you have big hands?
The weight is 186.4g. The slightly shorter edge is typical for a Sakai knife, as the blade length is always indicated up to the handle. The entire blade up to the handle is 244mm long. The handle is standard for a 240mm blade from Maksim's JNS store and should be easy to replace.

Back