Teruyasu Fujiwara personnel change?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally, It leaks huh? the Massdrop edition 5?

Gaku already told me about it a couple of months ago. hopefully, I could get it.
Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 8.52.58 PM.png

As a long-time lurker (before I signed up obviously), I had my suspicions based on the lengths but was unaware that it was for a future Massdrop from what I’m understanding here.

That being said, apologies for the spoiler @nakiriknaifuwaifu, I actually had the same thoughts and asked Gaku if he could do a wrought iron AS and W1 yo-gyuto when he mentioned that out of the blue 🤣.

On the plus side, I guess the community has a lot to be excited for 😅?

As a long-time lurker (before I signed up obviously), I had my suspicions based on the lengths but was unaware that it was for a future Massdrop from what I’m understanding here.

That being said, apologies for the spoiler @nakiriknaifuwaifu, I actually had the same thoughts and asked Gaku if he could do a wrought iron AS and W1 yo-gyuto when he mentioned that out of the blue 🤣.

On the plus side, I guess the community has a lot to be excited for 😅?
Personally, I consider it rather presumptuous to provide those details to this forum before they are made public by the people coordinating it.

I understand that Gaku provided those details to you without an understanding of these forums, but it should be posted by the coordinators.

Last edited:
Personally, I consider it rather rude to provide those details before they are made public by the people coordinating it.
On the other hand, I imagine it’s a bit awkward if they’re already going to be preparing a mass order with an uncommon material. Also, we can’t really expect that Gaku knows what KKF is, or that mass drops are done here (correct me if I’m wrong)

Personally, I consider it rather presumptuous to provide those details to this forum before they are made public by the people coordinating it.

I understand that Gaku provided those details to you without an understanding of these forums, but it should be posted by the coordinators.

That’s a valid point and I certainly welcome the discussion as this is a small community after all.

To start, I know of a project that you’re working on from a friend of a friend of a friend, but I haven’t and wouldn’t leak any details because I know that it’s under the wraps. To be fair, I certainly could’ve asked @nakiriknaifuwaifu when my suspicions manifested — and it skipped my mind to do so when I wrote that post — as my only thought at the time was damn… Wrought iron? Denka and/or Maboroshi steel? That’s an absolute banger that the rest of the community would love to hear about. (Again, I also reached out to Gaku to see if he could do a wrought iron AS and W1 custom and that is when he leaked said information to me out of the blue.)

If it was known to be under the wraps then I would not have said a word out of respect and when I realized my error, I apologized in kind. Hell, if @nakiriknaifuwaifu would like, I’d be happy to work together and scrub all of the leaked details here. It may be too late but if it helps in any way or form then I’d love to help.

It is with that being said that the project — which Gaku disclosed to @zizirex and I to varying degrees — certainly could’ve been started by anyone; perhaps a group of addicts like us in Brazil or a retailer somewhere else. Who knows how many other people Gaku informed of the project, whether they are a part of KKF or not.

I’ll leave it at this as it’s a busy day today for me: would there be a difference in moral ground if a knife fanatic — without knowledge of KKF and Massdrops — made a new account today and posted those same details? (Edit: This question was written in response to a previous edit of your post but I'll keep it here as IMO it's still relevant.)

It's alright guys. I'd have preferred this to stay on the down-low - but no matter.
It's nice to hear the interest, but let's reapproach this when the time is right and details are clearer.
Thanks,
NKW
Yeah Sorry to leak it, I thought it was Ok since everyone already to mention about iron Clad of his knife.

Still Im looking forward to Get it if it become a reality.

The Isamitsu Gyuto 210mm W#1 with the custom option (bench-stone finish + custom handle) is very nice. The custom wa handle is very interesting, it's kinda like a twisted pentagon shape and very comfortable to grip; they gave me 20+ color handle options to choose from and I just pick the most simple one. I didn't notice any wabi sabi, the handle was install straight, no bent blade and grind looks good.

Edge Length: 216mm
Blade Height (Heel): 52mm
Thickness (Heel): 2.9mm

View attachment 204088View attachment 204090View attachment 204091View attachment 204092
Maybe the knife deserve a special presentation topic ;)

I've gotten one from isamitsu recently through a friend who did a custom bulk order - super well made, consistent, even and no wabi sabi-ness. Tested it on stones last night and the grind is even and ready for stones ootb. Felt even harder than a denka I have. Plenty of pics of them on my friend's IG. I would say buy with confidence! Is there a isamitsu thread here?

I believe this is the Isamitsu thread😉 I suggested adding the forge's name this to the thread title.
Sounds great, now I want one again 🥺 I really would like an ironclad K gyuto from them

I believe this is the Isamitsu thread😉 I suggested adding the forge's name this to the thread title.
Sounds great, now I want one again 🥺 I really would like an ironclad K gyuto from them
I want that daggone 180mm nakiri

haha yeah we really should have it say isamitsu. finally took a pic myself, other pics so far were by my friend who arranged for me.

hguWYp2l.jpg

I've gotten one from isamitsu recently through a friend who did a custom bulk order - super well made, consistent, even and no wabi sabi-ness. Tested it on stones last night and the grind is even and ready for stones ootb. Felt even harder than a denka I have. Plenty of pics of them on my friend's IG. I would say buy with confidence! Is there a isamitsu thread here?
So he learned nothing from TF?

How do you order the custom option off the site? I don’t see it anywhere, then again I don’t read Japanese. Very interested in a White 240, but not looking for it rough finished.

How do you order the custom option off the site? I don’t see it anywhere, then again I don’t read Japanese. Very interested in a White 240, but not looking for it rough finished.
Have you emailed them? I'd try that first.

Ok I got my 240 yo handle AS today. The box is nice and sturdy. The finish and design are visually pleasing. Super thin behind the edge. Nice balance (1 inch ahead of heel). Extremely sharp edge out of the box (9.5/10).

However, it is actually much similar to TF than you would thought on the handle part.

242 mm*54 mm.
257 gram.
3.3 mm spine above heel, 2.4 mm in the middle and 1.4 mm at 1 cm from the tip.

2162FE47-8842-405B-8FD5-9CDE7A5037C0.jpeg
570F211D-266F-4EE4-A75B-FB8EF7B7FB36.jpeg
BCC1BF74-AEB8-4F75-99CB-CF78763CA759.jpeg
FF7992F6-6D4D-4297-87A5-9D58932BB1BF.jpeg
E3275477-93D1-4822-B783-6D38AF027A0C.jpeg

Ok I got my 240 yo handle AS today. The box is nice and sturdy. The finish and design are visually pleasing. Super thin behind the edge. Nice balance (1 inch ahead of heel). Extremely sharp edge out of the box (9.5/10).

However, it is actually much similar to TF than you would thought on the handle part.

242 mm*54 mm.
257 gram.

View attachment 208175View attachment 208176View attachment 208177View attachment 208178View attachment 208179
Looks really good overall! Handle issue is disappointing but still looks overall really nice. I wonder if separation is inevitable with wood and no liner, but it seems like it was probably never flush.

Very interesting, thanks for the details. Seems to me this is pretty close to a Denka all in all.
Looks really good overall! Handle issue is disappointing but still looks overall really nice. I wonder if separation is inevitable with wood and no liner, but it seems like it was probably never flush.
I don't know - other makers are getting those flush, aren't they? And this is still a 600+ USD knife... Seems like they keep in line with some classic TF stuff after all. Their new Wa handles seem pretty good, I wonder why the Yo handles are still funky.

Last edited:

242 mm*54 mm.
257 gram.

View attachment 208175View attachment 208176View attachment 208177View attachment 208178View attachment 208179
The blade itself looks good, might order a Wa-Handled one, how do you like the steel so far?

242 mm*54 mm.
257 gram.

How's the profile? Photo at an angle, so it looks probably much steeper than it actually is

Back