That time of the year. ECG Anyone ??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is turning into more ahammer in the a me stuffing my face fulll of great food (not sure how i feel about this )

i guess i ll put you p friday that way we can get all thins stuff in order

If only I had a bigger truck i'd ring the powerhammer :D

Dave not sure about hammers yet, hopefully!

thanks Butch!!!!!!

haha marko talking about me :) I am very intersted.. any place where knife nuts are welcome I feel at home..

Butch, there's a 220 outlet right below my knives in the kitchen, and a window immediately to the right to pass the cable to the outside. How long of a cord do you have? I think there's another in the garage, but I'll have to check.

I am almost 100% sure I will be able to attend, and I have a ~66 ft heavy duty extension cord that I use for my 220v welder that i can bring. I also have a small extension cord that plugs into that that provides a smaller 220v plug or 2 110v standard outlets.

as the time gets closer, you guys are going to have to tell me what stuff i should bring for you to check out. Limited space in my luggage.

Jon, you may get some special requests, and I'd suggest you bring some of your best sellers.... There "should" be a customer or two in the crowd.

Butch, here's a picture of the receptacle in my kitchen. It's about 3 foot from the window. That's right where we serve the food, but if we could use JC''s extension cord, we should be in business. I'm also gonna talk to Mark about putting a 220 receptacle out by the cement pad in the back yard..... that should give us some options.

P1050922.JPG

Butch, here's a picture of the receptacle in my kitchen. It's about 3 foot from the window. That's right where we serve the food, but if we could use JC''s extension cord, we should be in business. I'm also gonna talk to Mark about putting a 220 receptacle out by the cement pad in the back yard..... that should give us some options.

P1050922.JPG

My extension cord has a different end, but I can make a short jumper so that we can hook it up no problem. I was limited to 66 feet on the length of the extension cord by the specs provided by Miller for my welder, but making in a bit longer shouldnt be a problem for anything else. What kind of outlet do we need at the business end of the extension cord?

JC, could you post a picture of your plug? I'm thinking of adding a receptacle outside, and I might be able to match it while I'm at it.

i ll let you know what plug i have too so we can get set up
i know it made for a cloths dryer i am in NJ right now tho so i can check right now

I just signed up on the Yahoo page. I'm open to suggestions on what I should bring, or demonstrate.

Geez Tim, I can't believe people aren't all over your offer!!!! Is anyone paying attention?

IMG-20110319-00202.jpg

It's a big plug, the blades are about 1" apart, and are about 1" from the "round" u shaped ground.

Geez Tim, I can't believe people aren't all over your offer!!!! Is anyone paying attention?

Warren, It seems like nobody cares... : ) That's fine. I'm coming anyway!

So, what would you like me to do (if anything)?

Tim Z.

Tim, I'm sure they're interested, just early yet. I'd predict a pretty good turn out :)

First off, I'd like you to come and have a good time. As to demo wise.... I guess you could put your head together with Dave and the other knife makers coming and see what's left out, or... whatever is your favorite part of knife making..

I'm always interested to learn more about heat treating, what happens to the steel, etc... i dont know what kind of demo could be done, but i'm really excited to be there again this year

tim.....a few things.....

1)i really hope i can make it this year, i'd love to finally meet you.....i have always heard great things about you and your knifemaking

2)i think i would listen to you read from the dictionary......anything you talk about in regard to knifemaking-people should stop and listen

3)i still think about knives in the past that i just missed out on.....one was a small hunter/edc type knife u made.....it was on a dealers site and sold before i could get there......one of the others on the list was a blade by don fogg-you're in good company!

What kind of cake you baking this year Ryan?

Crap, I have prior obligations that day but would have loved to come to this event looks like it would be an awesome time. Someone take plenty of pics and perhaps vid's of the demonstrations for us that can't attend.
Thanks

Well it looks like I won't make this one either. :crying:

Hopefully starting a new job May 1st.:ggodjob:

In Okinawa.:eek:uttahere:

Okinawa? Well then we'll have to excuse you but you'll be missed....again. :)

Back