The thread for wood addicts

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k., who of you guys bought my block of Belize rosewood on ebay? Dang, I was eying it for a while and kept trying to convince myself I don't need it...

Stefan

Stefan, there are a couple of guys who recently got the go ahead to start exporting their rosewood burl from Belize once again. I bought a couple of blocks at the Lakeland show a few weeks back and it is some hard, dense stuff!!! The trees were cut down during the building of highway and it appears to have been drying for a while.
O.k., who of you guys bought my block of Belize rosewood on ebay? Dang, I was eying it for a while and kept trying to convince myself I don't need it...

Stefan

You guys are showing some amazing wood on here. I have been stabilizing wood for some time now and have no problem finding spalted maple, curly maple and maple Burl. Just wondering where everyone is able to find all their unstabilized wood.
Jim

I am lucky enough to have friends in the tree/logging industries. When they remove dead trees (or trees removed for safety reasons) that have any sort of burl on them, they cut the burls off and give them to me. I am running out of places to stash the burls....my 8x12 shed is full...and by full, i mean 4-5 feet high in the whole thing.

Addicted??? Me??? Noooooo.....

Cut up a bunch of wood on my new bandsaw on Friday :) I had like 6 or 7 pieces of Hard Maple. Some spalted, some curl, other had different figure, some was plain. Got over 55 pieces, some are big enough for 2 or 3 handles, others will be nice for bolsters or ferrules. Ended up with 30# of wood blocks!!

Block1.jpg

Block2.jpg

Block3.jpg

Block4.jpg

Block5.jpg

Block6.jpg

Block7.jpg

And Friday night I was shopping online for more whole burls :spin chair::IMOK:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back