The Twist and Etch Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkayMode

I am the pig Daveb's mama was talking about
Reaction score
Lazy twist, half twist, tight twist, nickel twist, ferric etch, coffee etch, Vitamin C etch etc…

Twists and etching (especially with wrought cladding) seem to be having a moment, and I don’t think we have a dedicated thread to act as a single reference point denoting their aesthetic differences, and to show off some of the great work by makers currently using these techniques.

I love Milan’s lazy twist and Hinoura River Jump, but while I’m waiting for my number to come up with Milan I asked Henry Hyde to give coreless lazy twist a go. He thought it sounded like fun and this was his first effort at it, I believe; around 195x56.

It’s nice to have one that’s not crazy expensive that I can use regularly and tune up without fretting. In the 2nd photo you can see it after a tiny bit of thinning and patina from use. And it’s just a coffee etch so easy enough to maintain if I ever wanted to redo the patina.

IMG_3674.jpeg

IMG_4146.jpeg

Back