THIS SUCKS! BIG TIME!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David is the one that convinced me to join the forum before this current one came into existence...

David you are too busy and too talented to worry about this stuff. whatever decision you make i hope it will be the best move for you. i dont like the tone of your comments because it seems you easily were ready to end this form of communication (although ads are one thing advertising a crappy rival is another... its like there are those that say business is business but imo business is about relationships if its not right then its not right and sadly right is a funny feeling like love; it either exists or it doesnt and ya gotta want it) but most things have a beginning and an end and the end isnt always pretty nor understood by most.

goodluck david also hope that stomach bug is gone and you are outa bed.

Just to put it out there. This forum is where I learned about your wares. I just purchased (late last week) a very late Christmas gift for my father from you. I also plan on buying a board for myself sometime this year. If I had not found you I might have made a purchase on etsy. I have mostly been a learker on this forum but I have always appreciated you being here.

1. Seems to me that leaving the forum will leave the door even more open for other advertisers.
2. Seems to me entirely possible that seeing the ad next to founding member, site supporter, 507 posts Boardsmith will make the other person look bad.
3. Seems to me, if #2 wasn't persuasive enough, that Dave/Boardsmith could add additional language to his location/moniker/sigs/etc suggesting 'real' 'the original' 'in business for xx years' etc.

Point is: fight back. Running cedes turf. The ads might even bring more business to you -- if you are there to get that traffic.

Did I mention what a loss it would be to not have updates on your new equipment, the status of your orders, new things you are proud of, responses to questions, customer feedback, cool photos.... This is the place, AFAIK.

With this attitude nothing much will be lost IMHO. Ranting about ppl on Etsy, calling them amateurs in disrespectful way. What is ur problem?
Making this a public affair!? Why not contact admins in private and rule things out. So whatever, you lost a potential customer, your work looked appealing to me.

With this attitude nothing much will be lost IMHO. Ranting about ppl on Etsy, calling them amateurs in disrespectful way. What is ur problem?
Making this a public affair!? Why not contact admins in private and rule things out. So whatever, you lost a potential customer, your work looked appealing to me.

You realize David pays a substantial amount for the privilege to use this sub forum? He has every right to rant about non approved vendor ads appearing within his own personal ad space.

You realize David pays a substantial amount for the privilege to use this sub forum? He has every right to rant about non approved vendor ads appearing within his own personal ad space.
Of course he can. Does not mean I have to approve or agree with him or with his ways.
BTW I think he is right, but I completely dislike the manner he did it.

I would venture to say David is a long time woodworker who turns out a quality product at a reasonable price for what you are getting.It is easy to understand his need to raise prices as equipment wears out & ongoing costs.

There are some nice endgrain boards out there,the larger ones are not cheap.Also he provides knowledge to take care of your investment so it will last decades.How many things can you buy these days can last that long?

I would think that relationship with clients is important because it leads to more business as long as your product is good.It is a feed zone with marketing.

Since this problem was resolved,would like to see Boardsmith stay on this forum.Donate one of your boards & the reality of how long they last to a dude with marketing savy.

It happens that an individual with more knowledge & skill gets overtaken by someone with less skill with an aggressive marketing plan.You can see that in the kitchen knife market.

Back