D. Martell Thoughts about less expensive Martell knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish people would send all their old shig handles to me.

Ok folks, it's time to tell you all about our newest offering. :)

James of Knives and Stones has come forward with a solution to my problem and is now supplying me with pre-made wa handles that I will be installing on my knives when applicable. What this does is allow for me to turn over a new knife much quicker to save on labor which then can be passed onto you, my customers, in the way of a lower price point on my knives.

James has varying levels of handles using different material components so the pricing will fluctuate depending on what is being used. HERE you can see the first knife completed (and FOR SALE) using one of James' more higher end pre-made handles.

I hope that this will be the first of many and wish to thank James for his help and support with this situation. :doublethumbsup:

UPDATE>

I had put it this on hold because I needed to get old pre-paid orders out and that took some time to do. Now that most of those are complete I want to get rolling on using pre-made wa handles again. Just today I got with James to start this up. :)

I'm really excited to be able to offer this option, I just know it'll be well received.

Thanks to all of you for your interest and keeping me rolling. :doublethumbsup:

I'm thinking of a 270 suji, and using one of your handle coupons on one of the upcoming Stefan handles. Thinking before Thanksgiving:bigeek:

OK, I'm being iconoclastic here: Isn't buffalo horn exactly the adds-no-user-value thing that one would want to get rid off in a value-for-money knife?

OK, I'm being iconoclastic here: Isn't buffalo horn exactly the adds-no-user-value thing that one would want to get rid off in a value-for-money knife?

No. Infact at the price point mentioned before, anything cheaper would negate the value of this line. Buffalo horn ferrule handles normally retail between $40-80 maybe? Hard to imagine installing something cheaper than that on a knife that will sell for $325 minimum.

Dunno, I'd readily accept a plastic ferrule (if equal or better in wear resistance) in a $325 knife if that meant $20 more effort going into the blade instead.

A little birdie (named James) whispered to me that a package of handles is headed my way. :whistling:

Back