To buy or not to buy - Miyabi 5000MCD 67

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we told you it's crap and you bought it anyway, why ask for advice at all?

Except for you, no one said it was a bad knife and I think pretty much everyone agreed that for the price I got them at anyone would have bought them... except you. So I took the general consensus of the thread and bought them. I can always sell them or use them as beaters.

Except for you, no one said it was a bad knife and I think pretty much everyone agreed that for the price I got them at anyone would have bought them... except you. So I took the general consensus of the thread and bought them. I can always sell them or use them as beaters.
Panda just gets thinks his way is the only way. Don't worry too much about him :)

I appreciate that he doesn't pull punches. I happen to agree with him 90% of the time.
As long as you take his input as part of a larger sample size, you will be just fine [emoji41]

I know you bought it already, and i'm also sure it is a good knife but for me Japanese knives is all about hand made craft. so it is all about your style :)

I know you bought it already, and i'm also sure it is a good knife but for me Japanese knives is all about hand made craft. so it is all about your style :)

Yeah I know what you mean I own mostly handmade knives, I just thought this deal was too good to pass one way or the other.

that's cause everyone else too scared to say what they really think, they just don't want to look like an a-hole where as i have no problem with telling it how it is with zero regard to how i may 'look'

that's cause everyone else too scared to say what they really think, they just don't want to look like an a-hole where as i have no problem with telling it how it is with zero regard to how i may 'look'
Hope you took my comment as a compliment, I fully support your candor, just wanted to que in the newbie as to what he should expect in the future ;]

I think Panda is a pretty cool guy. eh gives a brash opinion and doesn't afraid of anything

I don't dislike Miyabi in general. I find them to be overpriced most of the time though. I'd not regret the purchase in your shoes for what you paid. I actually gift out their lower end lines like the Koh, Evolution and Kaizen because I find they compare favorably to something like a Tojiro or Fujiwara FKM in terms of performance and are hands down better in the F&F department. Also often times are more laser like, have better steel (in some cases) or at least steel that is more easily sharpened in the case of the FC61(13c26) and a fair lookers. These are good beaters, loaners or gifts to non knife nuts. In fact I like to keep a Koh on hand at all times for when I am feeling too lazy to deal with carbon, or I want to cut a single lemon that I forgot about for use in the middle of a meal or my wife wants to use it etc. For a beater they sure win out, for me, to a standard Vic, Wustie etc.

How does any of that stack up to collecting and using handmade knives, it really does not. Imo anyway. Perspective.

Enjoy your new knives regardless. Or sell them off if you don't. Not a big deal. At the price you paid you won't lose out.

Most people disagree with what you said, not how you said it.

Also, "telling how it is" is not just saying what you think, but claiming the right to truth.

Finally, I'm not under the impression that people here are afraid of voicing their opinions. They are just trying to get them across in a way that doesn't offend people, which is what a good debate (and a good forum) is about.

Back