Top 10 Stupidest Knife Names

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1 Richmand Addict,
#2 Richmand Remedy
#3 Richmand Fanatic
#4 Richmand Boner
#5 yoshi Blade
#6 the Miracle blade...3!
#7 F. Dick
#8 Samurai pro
#9 globle express
#10 the "Furi Rachael Ray Copper tail"

#4... really? wow... haha!

I think most branded names suck and are awkward at best. Unless it is a company with some lineage, the maker's name along with his collective knifemaking identity (i.e., acquired skills, unique design traits, qualifications etc.) are all that are needed IMO. However, the irony is that the less one knows about knifemaking, the more branding catchy names seems to be the case. Got to fill in that missing knifemaking identity with something I guess. And CarboNext is atrocious.

k.

If you REALLY want to see some funny names for knives, take a stroll over to the Tacticool section.:doublethumbsup:

Messermeister San Moritz elite Knives
- and I completely agree with the M. R i c h m o n d lines ...

I think you fine and refined gentlemen need a bit of perspective on the whole topic of stupid knife names, etc. I do not mean to violate any forum rules but ANYONE who is into knives absolutely needs to check out this website if you want a good laugh mixed in with a modicum of disbelief and disgust.:lol2:
You have been warned. Put on your hip waders cuz it gets deep quick. Make sure that you check out the prices on the knives and especially the "sheath system". Once you have had a good laugh, i will tell you the dirty little secret. Anyone who figures it out, keep quiet.:lol2:
www.razrknife.com

Yeah, the Richmönd knives have sad names, sure you will remember the product but in my book names like that belong on the pc-gaming market(mousepads etc) :/

Mac Ultimate

Everything with "HD" in the name.

Randy: "Tacticool"... wow that was something! :lol2:

Aren't the ******** knives still good knives?

Why does no one like them on KKF or CKTG for that matter?

Sorry for the off topic post I'm just confused!

Carbonext: very good knife with a very bad name
Knuckle sandwich: very bad name that at least makes me chuckle

I think you fine and refined gentlemen need a bit of perspective on the whole topic of stupid knife names, etc. I do not mean to violate any forum rules but ANYONE who is into knives absolutely needs to check out this website if you want a good laugh mixed in with a modicum of disbelief and disgust.:lol2:
You have been warned. Put on your hip waders cuz it gets deep quick. Make sure that you check out the prices on the knives and especially the "sheath system". Once you have had a good laugh, i will tell you the dirty little secret. Anyone who figures it out, keep quiet.:lol2:
www.razrknife.com

Yuck

Yeah CarboNext very very dumb. And Mark's knives very poorly named

Yeah CarboNext very very dumb. And Mark's knives very poorly named

Dumb names are catchy and easily memorable - a great marketing if "sophisticated" public (a step about buying German knives) is your target. I am sure more thought went into coining some of these names than you think.

You are being kind, Marko. :D What was even funnier/crazier is when Mr. J. Lightning got on the forums to defend his product/business practices against all of the lesser beings of the knifemaking world.

Isn't it how the world works - big, nastiest fish eats small ones?

Aren't the ******** knives still good knives?

The names are what is being discussed here, sir. I get the other names, The Addict was a knife for knife enthusiasts(I remember when it was going to be sold handle-less and someone said it was a knife that only knife addicts would like to see for sale), and Remedy sounds like "the panacea for your knife addiction", and Fanatic is more of the same. The Artifex sounds like a Magic The Gathering card(ok that I'm actually cool with). It is because I used to live in Austin, and if I had a dollar for ever time I've seen/heard the word "Artifex" punned with "Art Effects" I would be drinking scotch on a Hawaiian beach right now.

....I would be drinking scotch on a Hawaiian beach right now.

Hey, come join me :) Just make sure you bring brown paper bags, no alcohol on the beaches...

stefan

#10 the "Furi Rachael Ray Copper tail"

Ahh, but you can shave down the copper tail to maintain the balance of the knife as it wears ... as if it was ever balanced in the first place! And it's made in China from German steel. That said, it's great for hacking up frozen food and opening cans of paint - may be the perfect beater knife. And it's got grantons! What more could you ask for?

James

Just 1, that sadly seems to be out of production. This is the winner by far, in both the Ugliest Knife Ever and Stupidest Knife Name categories. Can't believe nobody has posted this yet. But I give you the Goldhamster Solicut Plenum Santoku Special

I remember seeing this posted on a forum in the past, can't remember if it was here or elsewhere. I like how it appears to have little Goldhamster droppings printed on the blade.

Back