• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Toyama iron clad KU 210 Gyuto and Sakai Takayuki 240 Ginsan Gyuto (takayuki sold!)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!

I have no idea how but the knives have become more and more again, so it's time to let some go.

Edit: both knives are sold an on the way to their new homes! Thanks a lot!
First I have a Sakai Takayuki Ginsan Gyuto 240 mm forged by Yamatsuka and sharpened by Tosa.
The cutting edge is 232 mm, height 48 mm and with 253 g it has some real good heft. However, as it has a great balance and features a nice convex grind it doesn't feel or behave like a heavy knife but is an incredible allrounder. If I could have only one gyuto, I might actually choose this one so I'm quite unsure if I should really sell this one. However, it doesn't see enough use. Used around 10 times, touched up 2 times I think. Feels very nice on stones. There are some scratches on the left face of the blade from the magnetic knife rack.
I would like to get $330 with paypal g&s (we can talk about f&f), international shipping from Europe included (so I could probably lower the price a bit if the receiver is in Europe).
IMG_8266.jpegIMG_8267.jpegIMG_8268.jpegIMG_8269.jpeg

Next is a Toyama KU 210 mm. Edit: according to the vendor, it is iron clad. Steel is blue 2.
It doesn't come with Toyama kanji but with "Moritsugu" and is made by Shuji Toyama.
The cutting edge is 210 mm, height 49 mm and it weighs 212 g. This one is BNIB. I did check the edge by cutting a newspaper though. It came with a light scratch on the left face as can be seen on the pictures. Also, despite the nice burnt chestnut handle, the ferule is made of plastic. I would try to change that if I would keep it. However, I got this one purely out of curiosity as iron clad is rare, but didn’t have the intention to actually keep it, so here we are. The price is $360 with paypal g&s (3% less with f&f) including international shipping from Europe (shipping to Europe could be a bit cheaper, let’s talk).
IMG_8023.jpegIMG_8032.jpegIMG_8029.jpegIMG_8028.jpeg

If there's any questions, don't hestitate to ask.

Last edited:
Good prices, and what a nice seller. Buy with confidence.

Gotta ask since my english not best ,u in eu ? Which country ? Intrested on KU

Back