• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Toyama Kasumi Iron-Clad 270mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this magnificent knife from @ashy2classy a couple of weeks ago. Used on a few carrots and a few potatoes. Same condition as received. Pretty good polish work despite @ashy2classy never asked for it. Tony did a really good job rounding the spine and the choil. I have had a few iron clad. It is so nice to have rounded spine and choil...

I'm just going to recycle @ashy2classy's description and you can see his original post in the link below.

I'm looking to recoup most of my cost. I paid $725 via PayPal FF. Asking $750 with G&S, CONUS shipping included. Will cover the first $15 for outside of CONUS.

Description
I'm one of the biggest Toyama fanboys and I didn't think I'd EVER sell this one, but it's just sitting around. Been sharpened a few times, but nothing too crazy. Patina was removed with Simichrome. Handle was changed multiple times until I finally had an original ho D handle installed. Spine and choil rounded by Tony LaSeur.

NOTE: The blade was polished (without my request or permission) by Sean Porter while he was replacing the handle.

Dimensions:
Edge Length - 273mm
Height at heel - 57mm
Weight - 8.7 oz / 247 g

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/toyama-kasumi-iron-clad-270mm-gyuto.70527/

IMG_9008.png
IMG_9009.png
IMG_9010.png
IMG_9011.png

Last edited:
If you hadn't already taken all my fun money for this month...!

Back