Toyama

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a look at is after it was gone. The photos barely show any hamon.

I don’t think it was mirror polished but i looked quickly. And it would be the typical straight line, at that price point it wouldn’t be my choice.

There’s still something to be said about getting something off the shelf and in your mailbox in 3 days vs whenever wat makes a honyaki for you. I think it’s worth noting that the Toyama honyaki was priced very fairly when you compare it to other vendor’s instock honyakis.

I think cev isn't arguing the tips aren't honkers. It's just that the tip he ended up with was a sliiiiiightly pointier tip. It was kinda hilarious. I'd have jumped at that Toyama, just for the sake of rarity and soon to be retirement. There's time for Watanabes

I think cev isn't arguing the tips aren't honkers. It's just that the tip he ended up with was a sliiiiiightly pointier tip. It was kinda hilarious. I'd have jumped at that Toyama, just for the sake of rarity and soon to be retirement. There's time for Watanabes
yuuup, the "thinner tip" I got was hilarious indeed. I got the message, I won't ask for the thinner tip next time.

I’ve had my 210 gyuto for about 3 months now, still can’t believe how nicely it cuts. It’s easily one of my favorite knives. Now I have to decide what’s next. Thinking a 180 nakiri or maybe a deba any thoughts and opinions are welcomed. Thanks for an incredible line of knives.

I’ve had my 210 gyuto for about 3 months now, still can’t believe how nicely it cuts. It’s easily one of my favorite knives. Now I have to decide what’s next. Thinking a 180 nakiri or maybe a deba any thoughts and opinions are welcomed. Thanks for an incredible line of knives.

I have a Toyama 180 deba and it is very nice. Takes a great edge and holds up -- no microchipping.

My favorite Toyamas are the 270 Gyuto and 210 Nakiri.

valgard, the semi-custom wat i ended up with has a much thinner tip than a standard 270 i had before. i wasnt the one who ordered it this way though. he told me he simply asked for more taper at the tip.

valgard, the semi-custom wat i ended up with has a much thinner tip than a standard 270 i had before. i wasnt the one who ordered it this way though. he told me he simply asked for more taper at the tip.

Interesting, seems to be somewhat random then. I've talked to two others that ordered customized Wat. One ordered a thinner (overall) and got just that, the other ordered thinner tip and didn't even get my pointier tip. I guess my tip is ever so slightly thinner than normal but it's a nearly ridiculous difference. Still love the wide neck I got on mine tho, and the knife is a beast, not a smooth cutter but nothing can stop it (and it can be turned into a smooth cutter with minor tweaks).

I rehandlet my Toyama 240 again two months ago. Thought i´d share here too. Weight is at 249g now with balance point 3,5cm in front of handle. Feels quite optimal for me now.

twfXMgjh.jpg

fJleZzcl.jpg

Q4BcA9pl.jpg

Lets take a moment to admire the finish on that Toyama Tommy. Superb. Nice rehandle too

Back