• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trade: used Shigefusa 270 kasumi chefs knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your technique using the mud? Do you use cloth, or a cork, or maybe rubber foam to follow the blade contours?

I use a piece of sand paper/felt and my finger, most often thumb.

Some people suggest fingerstones for polishing and Bieniek said that he uses the mud of fingerstones. Does anyone use the fingerstones directly on the blade? I haven't got any fingerstones but I am curious how I can use.

Cheers!
a good finger stone should make mud as well, the mud is what does the polishing.

Hello again

I had a go. It's my old Shigefusa and this time I was trying more natural stone sturry on my papers for rubbing and it's a nice result I think. Before I had some nasty scratches because of thinning but now it looks like a new one do you think?

IMG_2991.jpg

Whats on the pic looks good ;)

Patience a careful observation.

I don't love to do anything that takes time and patience. Plenty of time - no patience. The only reason I mentioned time is that it's always involved with patience.

Try polishing with a Black and Decker "Mouse" sander (vibratory), a piece of felt and your favorite polishing media. Finish with some automotive 'glazing' compound. I found those ceramic cooktop cleaning pads to be excellent along with some polishing compound. They look dangerously like a Scotch pad but are 100 times less aggressive.

Back