Tsourkan Knives - Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_1162.JPG

DSC_1159.JPG

DSC_1160.JPG

DSC_1163.JPG

275mm suji in JT Damascus (52100 and 15n20) with snakewood handle, blackwood ferrule and mokume tip. Redwood saya (unfinished) carved for a snug fit.

DSC_1167.jpg

That's really nice...a great match between blade and handle.

I was looking thru some posts and that made me wonder where the 270 Miroshi Deba in 52100 is, i couldn't find any pictures of it?

happy wishes

These beauties just arrived. Thanks Marko!! Can't wait to test them out.

snakewood_zpsec4ac7f9.jpg

yeah. And makes good coffee as well hopefully :)
Congrats on the nice machine

It's honyaki ))) Really nice knife, btw.
Hand-finished KS with a custom handle is coming this week.
M

I signed for the package a little over two hours ago. I have since been admiring all the attention to detail. The pin on this one just slides into place, feels like it could almost fall out... But I tried my darnedest and it won't budge. The wood is simply breathtaking, an amazing piece of koa (best I have seen). And finally the finish you put on the blade... That must have taken some time. Thank you for all the hard work it's perfect.

I signed for the package a little over two hours ago. I have since been admiring all the attention to detail. The pin on this one just slides into place, feels like it could almost fall out... But I tried my darnedest and it won't budge. The wood is simply breathtaking, an amazing piece of koa (best I have seen). And finally the finish you put on the blade... That must have taken some time. Thank you for all the hard work it's perfect.

Thank you. ))

My knife, saya, and felt block came in the mail today. I cannot wait to try the knife out. So excited.
2015_06_01_2002.JPG

2015_06_01_2003.JPG

2015_06_01_2004.JPG

2015_06_01_2005.JPG

2015_06_01_2006.JPG

I'm curious about the bolster construction on your western knives; are you peening the bolster directly to the tang (like Kramer) or is it part of the handle assembly (like a ferule).

I'm curious about the bolster construction on your western knives; are you peening the bolster directly to the tang (like Kramer) or is it part of the handle assembly (like a ferule).

It's a guard, similar to how Kramer does on his Meiji knives. I make strictly hidden tang knives, as I think it's a better construction, particularly if one uses natural woods for a handle.

On a full tang knife, with peened bolster and scales, the scale separation over time is pretty common.

Back