Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those look a lot like the cheaper knives from japan. keeps stuff from sticking to the blade.

Saw one in an e-flyer today. Makes me think Wusthof has the marketing department running new product development.

wow I saw the wusthof and thought they had jumped the shark with that one.$90 with a limited life on it.

Nice wustof. And the karate chopper. What's wrong with horse meat? It's tasty

There is apparently a gastropub in London who are serving a 100% horse burger special at the moment - "No beef. No bull" - all sourced from a high-end butcher on Borough Market.

Not sure about the Wusthof jumping the shark so much as "designed to look like a shark". I think you are supposed to use the holes to poke a chopstick through, which dislodges the food that has stuck to it.

has anyone seen this new one from wusthof?

4563l.png

what a beauty.

I was just gonna posst this one... the the f*** are they thinking???
You can see more detailed pics here, if you can be bothered.

"A Japanese style chef's knife out of what used to be a very ugly display knife".

You can see the final knife at about 6:30

(I noticed this is by RDPprojects and would just like to say this has nothing to do with me)

[video=youtube_share;ls3S1rTnc6o]http://youtu.be/ls3S1rTnc6o[/video]

"A Japanese style chef's knife out of what used to be a very ugly display knife".

You can see the final knife at about 6:30

(I noticed this is by RDPprojects and would just like to say this has nothing to do with me)

[video=youtube_share;ls3S1rTnc6o]http://youtu.be/ls3S1rTnc6o[/video]

Who says you can polish a turd? It looks like this...a polished turd!

It used to be a very ugly display knife. And now it's a very ugly and utterly useless knife. He should've attached it to the end of a broom stick and made pike/spear out of it. Probably see more use that way...

How about this one. And sadly.... It's mine, lol. *hangs head in shame*

GhPEAcA.jpg

I find it utterly useless. Handle must have been made for someone who has no fingers, and there is no comftorable way to hold it, and the "pinch" hole...

+1.

We grind our burgers here at the restaraunt from fresh cut hanger steaks. I always do a 'tester' by searing it for about a minute each side, flipping it four times, so four minutes total. Gives it a nice even thin crust, and a barely warmed center. Never had a better burger...

MMMMMM +1 for sure, rare hanger burgers! hanger steak is underrated and not well-enough known, I wish it was served in more restaurants. Super tender and way cheaper than other tender cuts... bonus:hungry:

And to make the knife that started this thread even more special, you can get it with the special "bread miter box" so you can make those perfect slices!

sa69238326-en.jpg

IMG_20130328_200803_886_zps193d4e44.jpg

At the top: Mother-in-Law gifted Chef Ramsay santoku with squishy rubber handle, black-painted unknown mostly unsharpenable metal (not sure if I can call it steel). Apparently they are also aavailable in red, blue and green!
At the bottom: another Christmas gift, this one from Santa- the swordfish serrated! The metal ball on the handle makes this knife even more uncomfortable to use than it appears. Neither knife qualifies as the ugliest knife ever- especially considering some of the competition on this thread- but they both make me cringe when I see them in my wife's hands:)

MMMMMM +1 for sure, rare hanger burgers! hanger steak is underrated and not well-enough known, I wish it was served in more restaurants. Super tender and way cheaper than other tender cuts... bonus:hungry:

It's nicknamed the butcher's tenderloin for a reason my friend- extra tasty, but quite an ugly cut. Which is why most butchers relegate it to a take home/grinding cut. And a lot of restaurants shy away from it because its none too appealing to look at whole, it's a ***** to slice it for plating(awkwardly shaped, and if youre selling high volume, slicing steaks is just a pain in general, we slice ours btw...)and if the customer doesn't cut against the grain whilst eating it- they'll think it to be rather tough due to its coarse grain. I personally love the suckers. One of my fave cuts, and I put it on my menu in various forms: tar-tar, meatballs, burgers, composed entrees- it's a very versatile cut. And fairly cheap too, if you know how to break em down.

It's nicknamed the butcher's tenderloin for a reason my friend- extra tasty, but quite an ugly cut. Which is why most butchers relegate it to a take home/grinding cut. And a lot of restaurants shy away from it because its none too appealing to look at whole, it's a ***** to slice it for plating(awkwardly shaped, and if youre selling high volume, slicing steaks is just a pain in general, we slice ours btw...)and if the customer doesn't cut against the grain whilst eating it- they'll think it to be rather tough due to its coarse grain. I personally love the suckers. One of my fave cuts, and I put it on my menu in various forms: tar-tar, meatballs, burgers, composed entrees- it's a very versatile cut. And fairly cheap too, if you know how to break em down.

Yeah one of my faves too. But yes, ugly- you almost HAVE to slice it:) Both places I've worked that served it sliced it. I was a lot younger when I worked at the first, and sometimes I would 'accidentally' forget a sliver on the cutting board when I put the plate in the food window:hungry: Is this technically a thread hijack since we're still discussing something ugly?

Jeez. You guys need to get out more. It's a Cockroach chopper. Even has one engraved on the blade.

I see--you slide the blade under the baseboards behind the roaches, then a good yank on the handle and it's better than Raid!:tease:

Back