UK/European Passaround!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At my local post office;
Postie; "And what is in this parcel?"
Me; "An exploding harpoon specifically designed for killing prominent public figures with maximum gore."
Postie; "Hmmm.. okaaaay... is it on this list?" (points to list)
Me; "No."
Postie; "Okay, that'll be £7.25 registered post".

well if it's not on the list :))))))))

In the past I have written "Kitchen tool" for the local post but then they said "you don't need to add insured value, it has tracking...."

Hm, when I send a package with DHL (not Express) within EU it has standard insurance of up to 500€ and I do not have to declare the contents to DHL (there is no field on the shipping sticker to put write that in).

Anyhow, Dan, does this mean the ball is rolling? :)

Yes, apologies for the delay, the ball is not quite rolling- I am doing all the passaround knives and a few others as a batch; I am still roning out production method and efficiency, consistency, et cetera. That sounds quite industrial, doesn't it. The reality is not very industrial at all. Ice in the bosh of my big grinding wheel this morning! Brr!
Anyway, I aim to have these passarounders finished by Saturday at the latest.
Photos to follow.

No problem, I would rather wait than have a passaround with 1/4" steel bar :) Just take your time and let us know once you are ready.

This will be wending its way Neder-ward later this morning;
Handle of African blackwood.
Blade 9.5", 1.2210 steel, of hardness of around 61-62 HRc.
I had a little woopsie with a new batch of FeCl that was way too strong, so the blade finish is not ideal.
Enjoy-

Looking forward to seeing it in real life! And who cares about the finish when it will get a patina anyway? Forgive my ignorance, but where do you use ferric chloride for?
Nothing horrible about the photos, by the way. They give a rather good impression of the knife we're speaking about.

Benuser
zoze
Matus
Krakorak
DamageInc
preizzo

But in the interests of succinctness I think we will definitively close the list at 6.
Thanks for your interest!

Looking forward to seeing it in real life! And who cares about the finish when it will get a patina anyway? Forgive my ignorance, but where do you use ferric chloride for?
Nothing horrible about the photos, by the way. They give a rather good impression of the knife we're speaking about.

The FeCl is to bring out the hamon. Too strong FeCl tends to eat into every little cross-scratch and blemish and make them bigger and much more visible.

The knife got a little damage on the tip during shipment, so I sent it back to Dan. Will report my findings once the passaround is over.

The knife is back with me.
I've had a horrible bug, but will get this back into circulation on Monday.
Thanks everybody for your patience!

Sorry for the delay, everybody!
Bug went away, came back, kid got bug, etc. etc.etc.
But the knife is back in circulation now, finally!
Apologies again!

Dan - do you have 2 separate knives in 2 passarounds, or do these take place one after another? I am just curios when I should expect the package :)

Matus, I sent the knife to zoze on Friday, so it should be with him soon. When he is done with it, you are next!

Found the notice in my letterbox yesterday and picked the knife up today. I'll send it to Matus after my turn. @Matus: could you pm me your address, please?

Back