Unfilled orders- Affected Members Post Here-

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? POS? Brother you don't know me from a hole in the ground! Baden on your handle, I don't know you. If you have one of my knives, and don't like it, this is the first I have heard of it. Fine to fly in here and spew off out of your mouth like...
Ok. Thank you everybody for trying to understand. Hell I got myself into a pickle. I'm the only one who can get me out. Devin has offered to help me, and others seem willing. I appreciate it. It's not your mess. I'm not looking for a bail out. Yes I have mad promises for work from a lot longer back than I am happy talking about. Yes I'm gonna make it right. I need to finish your knives. I will offer this. I will work on the oldest orders first, as completed, and payed for, I will offer refunds to those who refuse to wait. That is the best I can offer right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you verbally attacking these members? They have the right to be upset given the goings-on. Nobody said "roll up and die", you are taking a legitimate grievance and blowing it up. Also the IG posts have been more frequent than six months. Lastly I think everyone here has tried to be civil to engage in the hopes of a positive outcome, but quite frankly are fed up given the timeline and optics.

Where have i attacked anyone?

Not trying to attack anyones comments just ask for a civil discussion and acknowledgement by some that pierre, while it seems quite indebt, is still a person and deserves to be treated as such.

I think it's great that Pierre has joined this discussion and can/will move this towards resolution.

I'm neither defending or attacking anyone but remain baffled that the most incidenary posts are from members who don't have a dog in this hunt.

As far as my posting on Instagram, have I offered anything for sale? Apart from the knives I handled in 2015, I have posted nothing new as far as knives go. Everything is old. As for fancy food? Really? I make it myself. Am I not permitted to eat? Really?

I personally refrain from making negative comments, as I think there is enough of that in the world.

I hope that those that have deposits and request refunds get speedy payment - If that doesn't happen then the story is clear as day.

Do you not see that his tone is far from apologetic and borderline patronizing. Excuses with barely any credence and no attempt at coming up with a solution. His responses lower the tone and his actions have no semblance of class.

Doesn't mean you have to respond in kind. I'm not defending him by any means. Throwing personal attacks never leads to anything good. Period. Let's stay on point.

I personally refrain from making negative comments, as I think there is enough of that in the world.

I hope that those that have deposits and request refunds get speedy payment - If that doesn't happen then the story is clear as day.

Well said Mike.

The rifle I hunt with, to provide food. The smoker I use to prepare food. If I sell them, then what? I pay $12 a pound for beef, or $4 plus for bacon made from God knows what?

Well said Mike.

Thanks, and I will say it wasn't easy to write. I wrote and re-wrote this many times with differing degrees of negativity. Though in the end I refrained as I don't think that helps anyone.

I do look forward to hearing from those affected that they are made whole or feel comfortable with the communication and outcome from Pierre.

It looks like my most recent comment... probably my least "aggressive" in this matter, and a lot less aggressive than some others in this thread, has been deleted. Whoever did this: that's absurd and borders on censorship communism style. For some in this forum it seems custom makers Can't do no wrong and should be defended/protected/cherished no matter what. That is utter BS, I'm sorry! Don't get me wrong, I love some of the craftsmanship of custom makers on this forum, but if they continuously mess up we should be able to mention that publicly to protect us, the customers! Delete this or just ban me if you think this isn't the case...

The rifle I hunt with, to provide food. The smoker I use to prepare food. If I sell them, then what? I pay $12 a pound for beef, or $4 plus for bacon made from God knows what?

Seriously, stop. Didn't look like you were doing any hunting in those pictures, more like shooting extremely tricked out guns at targets at a range. Also, unless you are hunting hyper modern super animals, those guns look more like extravagant toys than a means to survive by catching your food

Alt, No desire at all to ban you. It seems you have too much invested in this for someone with nothing invested in this.

Would be good for you to sit this one out rather than trying to save the world.

Seriously, stop. Didn't look like you were doing any hunting in those pictures, more like shooting extremely tricked out guns at targets at a range. Also, unless you are hunting hyper modern super animals, those guns look more like extravagant toys than a means to survive by catching your food

This, this and more of this..from12 weeks ago on instagram showing off new weapon and saying waiting for two months on new components... nothing but a little fun on the range, wasting ammo...sniffing gunpowder instead of steel. May be better to stop explaining and start doing...problem is there were excuses years ago and new ones now but bottom line is the same...lots of talk and very little action.

It's a bolt action rifle buddy. Tricked out? Not even close. Do you have an order with me? If so I'd appreciate you let me know your thoughts in a pm. If your here to beak off, and instigate or fan the flames, why don't you take the position of observer, and let those who have issues with me speak.

First and foremost- this is a community. And if trusted, long standing members have grievances, air them in a public forum, and you respond- well, I think it's fair game for others to chime in.

With respectful, reasoned, and considered feedback.

Alt, No desire at all to ban you. It seems you have too much invested in this for someone with nothing invested in this.

Would be good for you to sit this one out rather than trying to save the world.

Then don't delete my post... or at least tell me that you did and why you did it. I think I explained why I'm invested in this, but I'm happy to do that again in a separate post about how I feel custom makers are sometimes protected beyond what seems reasonable in this forum. I'd be happy to do that, but I'm not sure that's really wanted ...

It's a bolt action rifle buddy. Tricked out? Not even close. Do you have an order with me? If so I'd appreciate you let me know your thoughts in a pm. If your here to beak off, and instigate or fan the flames, why don't you take the position of observer, and let those who have issues with me speak.

If you're talking to me, my skin in the game is the three year interest free loan I gave you. Finally had to make a post just like this one to get my cash back, thought you would've learned a lesson by being embarrassed back then.

Holy cow!! Guys I am sorry, and upset at the same time! I have made it clear that I had inhaled chemicals at work. I have expressed that dusty environments arent good right now. My instagram page as you seem to allude to, not one of those knives have been made since I opened my page there, look through my forum here, you will find every one of them. Exception being the knives I handles for CKTG. People who have emailed me directly, I have communicated with. I dont know what to tell you any more than what I have. this isnt easy for me either!!

The rifle? Yes I shoot, I always have since I left the military. Cost? If I sold stuff to buy it, or if its a gift from family, what concern is that? I own a vehicle too. The smoker? I built it before this ever happened. The meats I smoke, or the food I show, I harvested, was gifted, or bought/made. Is that a crime?

Give me my money back.

I appreciate the thoughts and advice. If I had money to refund deposits I would. WIth the oil market the way it is (my livelyhood) And my health, I am between a rock and a hard place.

I'd figure something out before liens start getting placed on your property.

Then don't delete my post... or at least tell me that you did and why you did it. I think I explained why I'm invested in this, but I'm happy to do that again in a separate post about how I feel custom makers are sometimes protected beyond what seems reasonable in this forum. I'd be happy to do that, but I'm not sure that's really wanted ...

There have been several discussions on the relationships between custom makers, forums, the best way to operate a business as a knife maker and the pitfalls of relying on deposits. You are more than welcome to start a new one or find one of the old ones and add your piece to it. We are certainly not against any such discussion. This thread is for those who are owed work, it is a sticky. I'm sorry if you feel the moderation has been heavy handed but we are doing what we feel like will best result in resolution for everyone involved.

What a colossal ******* trainwreck.

You shouldn't have to remind someone that you gave them money to produce something. I feel like we've all let this type of behavior slide for a long time now.

Yeah, we do some pretty amazing mental gymnastics around here to support, forgive, and coddle the guys who take our money without a second thought.

The whole thing is out of control.

It's very disappointing how one guy's abuse of the "system" and members trust has temporarily derailed the greatness of the forum.

The whole thing is out of control.

It's very disappointing how one guy's abuse of the "system" and members trust has temporarily derailed the greatness of the forum.

I disagree I believe the goodness in the forum is still here. We all have different opinions of course. Look at Will and others saying they would chip in and help.

The problem with this situation is that it's stretched over many years with very little response from the vendor and various individuals involved.

The other problem is that it Involves lots is money which always makes situations hostile. I am glad to see Pierre is at least trying to make an effort now. However I hope he sticks to his word. It's hard to believe a guy saying he's struggling when you see other evidence online and I only truly believe he's making the efforts because he been forced into, however I'm still thankful for that.

This forum is still the best around IMO. Dave B have helped me out many times asking nothing in return as have many others on here. It's amazing how the majority of this forum can come together. This situation will most likely remain hostile until it is resolved. Right now we need actions not words from Pierre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back