Unicorn Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just saying a Jin would be enough. But when he doesn't make a gyuto's so that would make it def. unicorn grade. add a ebony handle to that well....

post-25828-13165643846321.jpg

I'd use it for sacrificial cheese slicing only, of course.

Buster Warenski was the greatest knife maker ever. This piece was commissioned for the cost of $250,000.00 and Buster didn't make any money because of all the research and the amount of work that went into it, not to mention the cost of all the gold etc.

The blade is cold forged out of a gold alloy so that it would cut. This piece is a replica of the original King Tut Dagger and is one of, if not the greatest knife made by a knife maker. I have seen this under glass.

Hoss

Buster Warenski was the greatest knife maker ever. This piece was commissioned for the cost of $250,000.00 and Buster didn't make any money because of all the research and the amount of work that went into it, not to mention the cost of all the gold etc.

The blade is cold forged out of a gold alloy so that it would cut. This piece is a replica of the original King Tut Dagger and is one of, if not the greatest knife made by a knife maker. I have seen this under glass.

Hoss

It's remarkable to think Buster ' s amazing knife was replica of a knife made over 2000 years ago.

Ohh man,,,this is a tough one for me but the first thing that came to mind was a katana made by don fogg, for when the zombies come strolling in....ryan

Bill Burke had a yanagi with Tamahagene steel he made on EE last year. I really wish I had humped on that. Looked amazing.

This is the first I've heard of Buster Warenski. After looking through a gallery of his work, I am astonished by his work. Pure talent.

One of my frustrations is living in an area where I have no shop or equipment access with which to work towards my unicorns.

One of my frustrations is living in an area where I have no shop or equipment access with which to work towards my unicorns.

I hear ya, My unicorn is a knife that I design, forge, grind and finish by myself. Oh what a long and dangerous path that is !

I hear ya, My unicorn is a knife that I design, forge, grind and finish by myself. Oh what a long and dangerous path that is !
I know a bunch of knives that get pretty close to ideal, but nothing quite puts it all together for me. That's a driving force for a lot of makers, I think. Otherwise, I need to get totally imperious with things, and most makers I've met don't appreciate that, or will invest little to no effort into working out the subtleties to make the overall piece work. Too bad.

I feel like for unicorns a steel knife would probably be a bad idea since fairy folk and the like tend to have bad reactions with iron. You'd probably have to get your hands on some silver and get someone to make you a knife for butchering that unicorn if you want to keep the meat quality high.

I feel like for unicorns a steel knife would probably be a bad idea since fairy folk and the like tend to have bad reactions with iron. You'd probably have to get your hands on some silver and get someone to make you a knife for butchering that unicorn if you want to keep the meat quality high.
Good points. Maybe get Bill Burke to forge the blade in dragon's breath damascus pattern, too. handle should be made from, well, unicorn horn.

Don't forget to inlay a strand of virgins hair into the handle, very important that:joec:

mithril for the blade. Forged by dwarves. Can someone please look at the ancestry of our custom makers here :D

Don't forget to inlay a strand of virgins hair into the handle, very important that:joec:

A unicorn, I can see. But where would I find virgins?

Stefan

Back