Unilloy Lightweight Cast Iron

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone is familiar with Unilloy enameled cast iron pots? I went to the home wares show at the Javits and they were exhibiting.

Couple of facts that caught my eye:

Made in Sanjo City

Won Red Dot design award 2015

Designed by Komin Yamada, who is the industrial designer responsible for Global Knives

Anyway, they looked beautiful and quite different from something like le creuset, idly wondering about it. They seem half the weight of other solutions which is not often something I'm looking for in a pot, but they seem to have fancy charts claiming it's irrelevant.

https://www.unilloy.com/en/

I have not used them, so my thoughts are based on specs, looks, price and reviews.

There are even higher priced than lecreuset, without reliable warranty. Size is pretty much kills any kind of 2-4 meal stews or roasts. Reviews seem kinda weird.. Def not written by actual customers. Seems like at best poor translation at worst, I don't even know! For example "It is useful when boiling noodles such as pasta. " or "I met this casting enamel pan and was freed from the difficulty of washing. " or "I'm glad that it's light and easy to handle when transporting it to the table or putting it on the shelf. "

I would only consider something like this if I could use it at home for 30+ days, to see what benefit it offers or what pot or 3 it could replace to justify the cost and smaller size.

Winning Red Dot design award doesn't mean jack.. I've seen plenty of crap products that won it. Seems to be more about aesthethics than actual functionality.

If you're looking for something lighter I'd probably just consider stainless steel casseroles or rondeaus.

Revive this thread because I'm interested... @moderncooking had them before, only thing weird is their "heat resistant silicone"... Are those just enamel or some sort of other coating?
https://www.rakuten.co.jp/unilloy/
Not certain I’ll ever get more stock of the pans, but I have three in my home kitchen and they are really great pans. I enjoy using them a lot 👌🏻

Back