• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS - EU Unique hybrid coticule 'Les Latneuses' (razor stone)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When this stone appeared on the 1stone.fr website, I just had to buy it, only because it is so beautiful and I consider it cultural heritage. I did not yet know if I could really use it. Well, this stone is without doubt the most dense and most fine stone I have ever handled. It is hard as nails and not very useful for kitchen knives.
I thought maybe one day I'll get into straight razors, but chances are slim as I have a beard and very happy with my blackbird razor.
So maybe someone could use it better than me...
Below the information from the initial vendor.
Estimated grain size (coticule side): 8000 - 10000
Estimated grain size (BBW side): 3000 - 6000
Hardness 4/5
Slurry production 5/5
Finish 4,5/5
(I would tend to disagree with these number but maybe because I compare with stones for knives, I would rate hardness 5/5 and slurry 2/5)
The stone should be used with the slurry stone, raising a slurry first and then diluting bit by bit to finish with clear water.
Size: 170 mm x 63-72 mm, thickness 47 mm
Weight 1533 g
Asking € 500 shipping included.
Coticule hybrid 3.png
Coticule hybrid 2.jpg
Coticule hybrid 4.png
Coticule hybrid 5.png
Coticule hybrid 6.png
Coticule hybrid 7.png
Coticule hybrid 8.png
Coticule hybrid 9.png

Latest posts