Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They say it takes 10,000 hours to master a skill. It takes me about 10 minutes to sharpen a knife. That means 60,000 knives before becoming a master sharpener. I’ve got a long way to go.
10,000? Crap...

I need to start using really high grit stones to sharpen?

"Are you done yet? You said 'touch up'"

"Not yet. I'm getting my mastery hours in."

"Well, my shift is about to end."

Do you need a toe? I can get you a toe.

il_794xN.2455917648_qqjr.jpg

Gotta be at least one digit of one finger…

I had a chef once who we called 9.5 (behind his back) due to an incident years previously with a deli slicer. Lots of people tell you that the deli slicer is sharp and dangerous but it doesn't really resonate the same way until you are told it is sharp and dangerous by someone with 9.5 fingers.

I had a chef once who we called 9.5 (behind his back) due to an incident years previously with a deli slicer. Lots of people tell you that the deli slicer is sharp and dangerous but it doesn't really resonate the same way until you are told it is sharp and dangerous by someone with 9.5 fingers.
Or until the day something slips and you know you touched it for a microsecond and you pull back your hand and thank your lucky stars.

Even as a person who took the guard off of the slicer, I still respected it in my own way.

I’d have to wiggle my fingers and take a beat, then do something stupidly stupid in the name of getting it done.

I always envisioned a bloodbath before going to town on that bad Larry.

I was missing the tip of my finger, does that count? Cut it of first day as a volontaires 😂

well....messing around with a screwdriver can go wrong but the damage potential is limited...a chain saw is a tad different in that respect. Full safety gear and healthy respect for that machine is IMHO called for.

Just get in line for the emergency room on Saturday to see how many folks are presenting themselves with a hand in a bloody towel....'I cut myself with an exacto knife (or a similar knife) while doing some DIY'

That’s one of those holy **** take a deep breath, take a minute, and vow to never ever be that dumb again moments.

And then a week later, you do something completely differently dumb.
If I was him I would have walked straight to the closest shop to buy a lottery ticket after getting off that ladder!

Back