UPS brought me more cool stuff!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That's some crazy cool stuff!

you knwo a video of you turning the blocks over and what not woudl really he lp me but im not sure the time it takes to make it woudl be worth it

Here is a koa video I just finished.
[video=youtube_share;EgZwCoLKVgc]http://youtu.be/EgZwCoLKVgc[/video]

Great stuff, all of it. That koa is heirloom quality, and the mango has a beautiful curl. I am a little green with envy about your wood - and your sources for this quality stuff...

Stefan

Great stuff, all of it. That koa is heirloom quality, and the mango has a beautiful curl. I am a little green with envy about your wood - and your sources for this quality stuff...
Stefan

Hey Stefan,
The guy I get the Koa from just sends me a note and says "I have some koa you will want", I just ask how much money to send. He is my most expensive source but has some good stuff. The mango, I just got lucky.

Wow!! That is beautiful Koa. When can we see it on the site?

Wow!! That is beautiful Koa. When can we see it on the site?
The ones in the video sold today. They were cut wider at a special request by some of the guys who make fighters.
But..... I have more from the same piece that are cut to kitchen knife sizes that I will post on the website this weekend.

Mango looks great. Any Birch burl coming in?

Mango looks great. Any Birch burl coming in?

Several months ago I bought some Birch from a wholesaler back east.
He sent me something other than what I had asked for and got kind of sh**ty when I called him up about it.
If he would have done things right I would have been a good regular customer.
But.......

I was able to get some decent blocks and a lot of kindling.
This is one of the better ones. Not burl, but some pretty good figure.
I should be able to have these cleaned up and on the website sometime this weekend.

b1001.jpg

The ones in the video sold today. They were cut wider at a special request by some of the guys who make fighters.
But..... I have more from the same piece that are cut to kitchen knife sizes that I will post on the website this weekend.

:( I loved the wider cuts, they would have made two blanks for me at the price of one ;) But I have one block of koa I need to cut into, that may be nice enough.

Stefan

Stefan

I was starting to think the same thing about doing both.
Here is an individual block positioned like I usually do for my web store.
The 1st one (photo) looks more like it would in daylight setting. Colors are accurate.
p.jpg

The 2nd one (scan) looks how it would if you hold it directly under a bright light.
s.jpg

Mark

Did anyone claim the wood from pic 21 yet ? Id love to purchase it is just awesome

Thanks

Alan

Back