• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Used but almost new knives - Nigara, Munetoshi, Ikeda, Masakage, Nakagawa - major price drop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nigara SG2 Bunka 180mm.
From home butcher. Lightly used and sharpened once.
$130. Sold

Masakage koishi Aogami Super Bunka 170mm.
Lightly used, etched the core steel and sharpened once.
$170 sold

Munetoshi white 2 sujihiki 210mm
From JNS, bevels flattened and polished on stones. Handle replaced with ebony wood and black horn. It’s as good as new, used once, don’t like this profile.
$130 sold

Hitohira Kikuchiyo Gosaki ginsan Gyuto 210mm
Minor scratches on the core steel due to sharpening. Olive wood handle from Sugi.
$200 $160

Yoshikazu ikeda white 2 Gyuto 210mm.
From clean cut, it’s a san mai , not honyaki. It came thick as a wedge and I thinned the face of the blade so most of the kanji is taken off. It’s got a great steel and profile, one of my most used. Chamfered spine, sanded choil, incredibly thin behind the edge.
$150 $120

All prices listed includes PayPal fees excludes shipping.
Buy 2 get $30 off shipping, buy 3 get free shipping.

Nigara
IMG_3557.jpeg
IMG_3558.jpeg
IMG_3559.jpeg

Masakage Koishi
IMG_3551.jpeg
IMG_3552.jpeg
IMG_3553.jpeg

Munetoshi
IMG_3554.jpeg
IMG_3555.jpeg
IMG_3556.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3545.jpeg
    IMG_3545.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Surprised this came "wedgy".
Mine had one of the best grinds&profiles I ever had on any knife!

Cleancut sold them as "Yoshikazu Ikeda" but I read somewhere here that these are usually sold under the brand Shigehiro:
Shigehiro Gyuto 210mm
You are assuming the one I had is the same as the one on your link. It’s not. 3.5mm thick 10mm from the edge is what I measured before.

I’m based in Singapore.
I’ll pass then, sorry, doesn’t say location in your profile so I assumed US based like most posts, still a great deal, but between exchange fees and shipping it doesn’t really make it as sweet. Thanks for the clarification.

I’ll pass then, sorry, doesn’t say location in your profile so I assumed US based like most posts, still a great deal, but between exchange fees and shipping it doesn’t really make it as sweet. Thanks for the clarification.
Don’t know what exchange fees you’re talking about.

Bump

Don’t know what exchange fees you’re talking about.

Bump
I’ve paid someone before in canada and when paying using PayPal there are some additional exchange/currency fees when converting into Canadian dollars. Since you mentioned you are based in Singapore, I would presume that is the same case.

Still a great deal given that it’s $30 off shipping if you buy two according to the post. No exchange fees for the buyer to bear in my experience with PayPal and with seller.

Great seller – highly recommend.

I’ve paid someone before in canada and when paying using PayPal there are some additional exchange/currency fees when converting into Canadian dollars. Since you mentioned you are based in Singapore, I would presume that is the same case.
I have need paid fees for buying things in Canadian dollars on PP.... Or any other currency. There is the exchange rate, but that has nothing to do with PP..... Please tell me you know what an exchange rate is

I have need paid fees for buying things in Canadian dollars on PP.... Or any other currency. There is the exchange rate, but that has nothing to do with PP..... Please tell me you know what an exchange rate is

@Taurahe i think you're partially right. If you have to pay in a foreign (non-US) currency over PayPal, then PayPal will charge you a 4.5% conversion fee. However, I think that the conversion fee is irrelevant to this sales thread because OP is requesting payment in USD.

In other words, just because OP is located in Singapore doesn't mean that the buyer has to pay in Singapore Dollars, and indeed, OP isn't asking for Singapore Dollars anyway.

So basically, anyone who's concerned about a conversion fee for this transaction can chill lol. @Zzz911 I don't think there's a fee for this.

Back